5 star RB Ealy (Update: Ole Miss) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 5 star RB Ealy

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Can players blueshirt if they have been officially recruited (i.e. paid official school visit or in home visit by a coach)? I read a while back that this was not allowed but I haven't kept up with the rules.
    If a player is officially recruited, the player takes a greyshirt. If the player is not officially recruited, he takes a blueshirt.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    If a player is officially recruited, the player takes a greyshirt. If the player is not officially recruited, he takes a blueshirt.
    That's what I was thinking. Are there any players being mentioned who have not been officially recruited?

I understand that both grey and blue shirts count towards the following year's limit of 25 so it doesn't really matter except to the player that may have to pay for the fall semester. Is that correct?
    Last edited by day-day; January 29th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Are there any players being mentioned who have not been officially recruited?

I understand that both grey and blue shirts count towards the following year's limit of 25 so it doesn't really matter except to the player that may have to pay for the fall semester. Is that correct?
    Correct - blue shirts are under scholly immediately while gray shirts have to pay for the fall semester. Both count toward the following year's class.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they surmised this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Donít question it, just trust the process
    35? Even with attrition, how is that even possible? I realize only Saban and the staff know the real numbers, but that seems to be a stretch to me.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

just a reminder, Ealy will be on his OV this weekend.