5 star RB Ealy (Update: Ole Miss)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Coming next weekend. Don't get your hope up because he's mocked in the 1st rd of MLB. Doubtful he every plays football again.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Re: 5 star RB Ealy

.368 with 20 RBI...Shoot in '84 my numbers were waaaayyy better than that. All that got me was a walk-on offer at Bama.:pDT_nud: on TideFans.com
Coming next weekend. Don't get your hope up because he's mocked in the 1st rd of MLB. Doubtful he every plays football again.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Ok, but if he commits, does this change anything with Keilan Robinson? I know there is a rumor Robinson already signed. Anyway, it seems a gamble, but it looks like Nick is willing! I noticed he is mostly a Clemson lock. The lead on that prediction is from the Clemson board so that prediction may be skewed!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Ok, but if he commits, does this change anything with Keilan Robinson? I know there is a rumor Robinson already signed. Anyway, it seems a gamble, but it looks like Nick is willing! I noticed he is mostly a Clemson lock. The lead on that prediction is from the Clemson board so that prediction may be skewed!
an elite back like Ealy will always have room at Bama or any other program for that matter. if somehow he commits to the Tide, I'm sure CNS will make room. regarding Robinson, I don't think this has to do anything with him. Ealy is just too good to pass up and obviously he was persuaded by the GOAT to come for a OV , that in itself is enough to cause pause esp. at the last minute!!
lastly, crystal balls and predictions ( Clemson) are fun and all , but its not 100%.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Shoot, If he is drafted, he could pay his own way and free up a schollie... ;)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

an elite back like Ealy will always have room at Bama or any other program for that matter. if somehow he commits to the Tide, I'm sure CNS will make room. regarding Robinson, I don't think this has to do anything with him. Ealy is just too good to pass up and obviously he was persuaded by the GOAT to come for a OV , that in itself is enough to cause pause esp. at the last minute!!
lastly, crystal balls and predictions ( Clemson) are fun and all , but its not 100%.
Agree! Getting him on campus is significant...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I know all that, of course he is a take. but thanks for explaining! But Nick is still recruiting others hard. Just wondering out loud how to fit him in. Does that mean Robinson is going to blueshirt? Is he eligible to BS since he took an OV in December? Looking like Nick is saying screw the NCAA, we are taking 40 this cycle.;).

BTW, Huff was his primary recruiter at Miss St. has to be a plus.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Agree! Getting him on campus is significant...
If we`ve learned nothing else it`s that if the staff gets a kid on campus, we always have a chance. I also think that one of the things behind the scenes is the excellent assist that the program gets from the faculty. Personally, I wonder if they get enough credit. Everybody is on the team and has his/her role.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I know all that, of course he is a take. but thanks for explaining! But Nick is still recruiting others hard. Just wondering out loud how to fit him in. Does that mean Robinson is going to blueshirt? Is he eligible to BS since he took an OV in December? Looking like Nick is saying screw the NCAA, we are taking 40 this cycle.;).

BTW, Huff was his primary recruiter at Miss St. has to be a plus.
Don't worry about the numbers, Saban,and staff will figure out the numbers. Recruiting is a lot more fun to watch when you don't get tied up in that end

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Don't worry about the numbers, Saban,and staff will figure out the numbers. Recruiting is a lot more fun to watch when you don't get tied up in that end
I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they surmised this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they summized this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process
I am not sure how you get to 30, much less 35, in this cycle. Even Saban can't make 2+2 = 3

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they summized this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process
The most Saban has taken at Alabama was 32 in 2008, and many of them were because several Shula players left. Don't see how Alabama could get to 35 at this point. 30 is possible since the current class is at 28 (24 are signed).

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

The most Saban has taken at Alabama was 32 in 2008, and many of them were because several Shula players left. Don't see how Alabama could get to 35 at this point. 30 is possible since the current class is at 28 (24 are signed).
Trimming? Maybe coaches aren't the only ones being asked to look elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I’m just summarizing the article on SB nation-
If you have read this far (thank you), you are probably wondering “wait a minute. Alabama has 24 commits! How can they add ALL these guys?”

24 signed + 4 committed unsigned = 28

Word is Alabama will take all three of Byron Young, Ish Sopsher and Nathan Pickering if they commit = 31.

Bama needs a tight end and might just take Ealy to keep him away from Clemson = 33.

They could take both To’oto’o AND Heimuli but will definitely take at least one = 35.

This is one of those moments where you have to trust in the Process®. Saban appears to have everything completely in his control to bring together possibly the greatest Alabama recruiting class ever. Don’t be surprised if this Crimson Tide class hits the big 3-0 or goes over.

Hold onto your Houndstooth hats. It’s about to get crazy up in here.
https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/1/28/18198563/alabama-recruiting-update-crootin-mysteries-crimson-tide-football-nsd-saban

Of course , if it’s on the Internet, it must be true!

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

This number of potential targets along with the already committed speaks to a total rebuild. It's likely a good many of our players will be encouraged to move on above and beyond those graduated and early draftees.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.