Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Re: 5 star RB Ealy

Young’s committed, so that puts the total to 34.

The “if” of Ealy and To’oto’o and Heimuli not happening (only one of the LBs) puts the number at 32, which seems more doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out of all the names mentioned, who do you think Bama gets? I'd love to get Ealy, To'oto'o and Pickering, if no others.............since Young is committed

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Out of all the names mentioned, who do you think Bama gets? I'd love to get Ealy, To'oto'o and Pickering, if no others.............since Young is committed
To keep perspective here...there is a chance we go 0 for 4 on that group. I mean, this is a rough business and Ealy surely will go for baseball money, To'oto'o goes to Oregon on his final visit, it is hard to flip Mississippi recruits from in state schools and Young, just never can tell. I am an optimist but if we can get 50% of those guys we are doing great.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

To keep perspective here...there is a chance we go 0 for 4 on that group. I mean, this is a rough business and Ealy surely will go for baseball money, To'oto'o goes to Oregon on his final visit, it is hard to flip Mississippi recruits from in state schools and Young, just never can tell. I am an optimist but if we can get 50% of those guys we are doing great.
I’d take 50 percent

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Young’s committed, so that puts the total to 34.

The “if” of Ealy and To’oto’o and Heimuli not happening (meaning Alabama gets only one of the LBs) puts the number at 32, which seems more doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Williams is committed but most likely will not sign so the signed/committed total is 27. I see us finishing with Sopsher, Pickering, To'oto'o and the TE for a total of 31. I believe we signed 21 last year so we can back count 4. That leaves 27 with 25 spots so two will blue/greyshirt if these are the numbers.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Williams is committed but most likely will not sign so the signed/committed total is 27. I see us finishing with Sopsher, Pickering, To'oto'o and the TE for a total of 31. I believe we signed 21 last year so we can back count 4. That leaves 27 with 25 spots so two will blue/greyshirt if these are the numbers.
Can players blueshirt if they have been officially recruited (i.e. paid official school visit or in home visit by a coach)? I read a while back that this was not allowed but I haven't kept up with the rules.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Can players blueshirt if they have been officially recruited (i.e. paid official school visit or in home visit by a coach)? I read a while back that this was not allowed but I haven't kept up with the rules.
If a player is officially recruited, the player takes a greyshirt. If the player is not officially recruited, he takes a blueshirt.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

If a player is officially recruited, the player takes a greyshirt. If the player is not officially recruited, he takes a blueshirt.
That's what I was thinking. Are there any players being mentioned who have not been officially recruited?

I understand that both grey and blue shirts count towards the following year's limit of 25 so it doesn't really matter except to the player that may have to pay for the fall semester. Is that correct?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That's what I was thinking. Are there any players being mentioned who have not been officially recruited?

I understand that both grey and blue shirts count towards the following year's limit of 25 so it doesn't really matter except to the player that may have to pay for the fall semester. Is that correct?
Correct - blue shirts are under scholly immediately while gray shirts have to pay for the fall semester. Both count toward the following year's class.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they surmised this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process
35? Even with attrition, how is that even possible? I realize only Saban and the staff know the real numbers, but that seems to be a stretch to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.