Favorite Place To Eat?

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
In Athens
For a fancy meal where I want to plop down a Benjamin and a Grant: Five and Ten. The missus and I had dinner there for our anniversary last year. We'd wanted to eat there since we moved here in 2011 but just got around to it. It was a Monday night, and the Nova/Michigan national title game was on, so the place was dead and we got undivided attention from the staff (plus champagne on the house because I told them it was our anniversary).

For less than fancy, but still solid: Last Resort Grill. Both lunch and dinner menus are very reasonable. They have a crab cake there that my brother in law, who grew up in Maryland, gave his thumbs up to. My wife has a weird food allergy and we know they don't use it there, so it's on our pre-approved list.

Back home in Tuscaloosa
Archibald's.

When visiting my inlaws in Gainesville (FL):
Terrell's BBQ. It's Gainesville's answer to Archibald's, but more rustic (if you can pull that off).

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I use to have favorites, but there are to many good restaraunts in Atlanta metro to single them out. I do like Atlanta Fish Market, Twin Smokers, but then I realized I will probably name every restaraunt in Atlanta before I’m done.

Because I use to travel a lot, I ate at Texas Roadhouse a lot because they were consistent and I like beef. good, not great. I always got the bone in ribeye or the off-menu 12 oz Filet . Don’t eat there much anymore. I stop in on the square from time to time and get a burger from Meatngreet in Newnan.

[/IMG]

In Jacksonville, FL, I ate at Metro Diner a lot. Here is their FRIED pork Sandwhich
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Bamaga is right. There are so many in Atlanta there are just too many to name. I could name 5 BBQ places.

Atlanta Fish Market is very good. When my mom comes to visit I always take her there.

Last edited:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
So, are we supposed to poo-poo other posters' favorites, too?

Asking for a friend...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.