Favorite Place To Eat?

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I have had the privilege to travel quite a bit over my 57+ years of living and have eaten at some pretty neat places. With that said, where is your favorite place to eat that is out of the area where you live? Just name one please.

Jack Stacks-Kansas City, Missouri

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Lindsey’s in Wareham,MA. It’s right at the base of Cape Cod.

In 2006, my sister asked my wife and I to go to Boston with her to a funeral. My B-I-L, Rob, was from Quincy, MA and his brother had passed so my widowed sister didn’t want to make the trip herself. We flew Southwest into Providence RI, rented a car, then drove to New Bedford, MA where we met Rob’s cousin, Pete. Pete is a local so we follow him to Lindsey’s, his favorite seafood restaurant. It’s not a fancy place, more like a roadside diner. I don’t remember what I ordered but my wife ordered the seafood chowder. After we left she claimed it was the best thing she had ever eaten. I asked why she didn’t let me try it and she said she didn’t want to share. :conf2:

For the next couple of years we traveled a lot and every seafood restaurant we went in she tried their version of lobster bisque or seafood chowder. Nothing measured up so I finally suggested we make another trip to New England to go to Acadia National Park and I wanted to see what was so special about the seafood chowder at Lindsey’s. So we get to Lindsey’s, I get the chowder, and it was better than she described! It’s a cream sauce with wine and butter that has huge chunks of lobster, crab, and scallops. I suspect they serve it in heaven. Just divine.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I have had the privilege to travel quite a bit over my 57+ years of living and have eaten at some pretty neat places. With that said, where is your favorite place to eat that is out of the area where you live? Just name one please.

Jack Stacks-Kansas City, Missouri
What do you eat there? The website looks awesome. I may order online.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
lutter and wegner in berlin. i have to go to berlin every year for a trade show and we eat here with our friends and others at least twice per trip. i always look forward to it.

link

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Lindsey’s in Wareham,MA. It’s right at the base of Cape Cod.

In 2006, my sister asked my wife and I to go to Boston with her to a funeral. My B-I-L, Rob, was from Quincy, MA and his brother had passed so my widowed sister didn’t want to make the trip herself. We flew Southwest into Providence RI, rented a car, then drove to New Bedford, MA where we met Rob’s cousin, Pete. Pete is a local so we follow him to Lindsey’s, his favorite seafood restaurant. It’s not a fancy place, more like a roadside diner. I don’t remember what I ordered but my wife ordered the seafood chowder. After we left she claimed it was the best thing she had ever eaten. I asked why she didn’t let me try it and she said she didn’t want to share. :conf2:

For the next couple of years we traveled a lot and every seafood restaurant we went in she tried their version of lobster bisque or seafood chowder. Nothing measured up so I finally suggested we make another trip to New England to go to Acadia National Park and I wanted to see what was so special about the seafood chowder at Lindsey’s. So we get to Lindsey’s, I get the chowder, and it was better than she described! It’s a cream sauce with wine and butter that has huge chunks of lobster, crab, and scallops. I suspect they serve it in heaven. Just divine.
Interesting! Years ago, I was working a deal with a Boston law firm and the opposing attorney found ourselves at loose ends for lunch. He knew a local joint which was, as in your case, a diner and we had their seafood chowder. It was to die for. I've never been able to duplicate it anywhere...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
It depends on where I am.

Destin: McGuire’s Irish Pub

Mexico Beach: Joe Mama’s Wood Fired Pizza

Pigeon Forge: The Old Mill and Log Cabin Pancake House

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I can't single out a particular meal because of the food. I can single one out because of the experience though. Hog Heaven BBQ, North Sound of Virgin Gorda, BVI. Two of the islands visible in this youtube video I found showing the view are owned by Richard Branson. Another is owned by a Google guy. I don't recall who.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCfKXqhxlaA

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Oyster Bar in Shreveport, LA

Locally owned establishment

Po-boys (fried oyster po-boy my favorite), homemade french fries, homemade tarter sauce is amazing.

They are also known for their frozen margaritas. They are made strong enough to knock a Clydesdale on its butt.

Cool atmosphere as well.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Anne’s Snack Shack in Atlanta – the absolute best burger I have had in a restaurant.
There were a ton of places in Italy (I only remember Da Robertino’s in Rome, the rest I do not remember the names)
Bullies BBQ in Hilton Head SC – Good BBQ
The Original Crab Shack in Tybee Island
The Back Porch in Destin
Japengo in Maui

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.