Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 22
  1. #1
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,859

    Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    https://twitter.com/alabamaftbl/stat...682742784?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation First Team Toddrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodstock, Ga
    Posts
    618

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    The hunt for #18 begins again. RTR

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,968

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Running a half-marathon in Orlando the Sunday before this game. Might make it over. I found the atmosphere for this game last year to be pretty incredible.

  5. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Florence, AL
    Posts
    9,412

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Somebody who knows somebody needs to mention to somebody that a large number of Alabama fans either are accountants or live with accountants and it would be much nicer to have this scheduled a few days after, rather than prior to, April 15th.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

    Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

  6. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    19,563

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    Somebody who knows somebody needs to mention to somebody that a large number of Alabama fans either are accountants or live with accountants and it would be much nicer to have this scheduled a few days after, rather than prior to, April 15th.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    Easter is the next weekend, so that may have caused an issue with the scheduling of this.
    Roll Tide

  7. #6
    BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    207

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Anyone have any advice for a first-time attendee to the A-Day festivities? What is parking like, and how far is the walk from parked car to inside the stadium? Will there be shuttles? How early should one arrive?
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.

  8. #7
    BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachInWaiting View Post
    Anyone have any advice for a first-time attendee to the A-Day festivities? What is parking like, and how far is the walk from parked car to inside the stadium? Will there be shuttles? How early should one arrive?
    Parking is mostly easy. You shouldn't walk more than a half mile unless you want to. I don't recall any shuttles during the 2 I've gone to in the Nick Saban era. And how early? It depends. If you want to have a good walk about, I'd say an hour and a half. Otherwise, it's fairly low key even though there's a ton of people there usually.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

  9. #8
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Running a half-marathon in Orlando the Sunday before this game. Might make it over. I found the atmosphere for this game last year to be pretty incredible.
    Running the StarWars half???

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,968

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by statgrad96 View Post
    Running the StarWars half???
    Yes - Running it with my youngest son.

  11. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,968

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Parking is mostly easy. You shouldn't walk more than a half mile unless you want to. I don't recall any shuttles during the 2 I've gone to in the Nick Saban era. And how early? It depends. If you want to have a good walk about, I'd say an hour and a half. Otherwise, it's fairly low key even though there's a ton of people there usually.
    Agree - you can arrive as early or late as you like. If you want to pay $25 to park close, get there a little earlier (at least an hour before the Walk of Champions). Shuttles were running, but there weren't as many as there were for the regular season games.

    There was some tailgating, but not nearly as much as for a regular season game. All of the street vendors seemed to be there, though.

    Last year the Bryant Museum was open until about 6pm (much later than their normal close time that time of year). No idea what time it will close this year, but don't assume it will be the advertised time.

    You can also do locker room tours and the like the day of the game.

  12. #11
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yes - Running it with my youngest son.
    Awesome! I did the WDW Marathon a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time.

    I will be at A-Day, hopefully scoring a Zone ticket from some generous person as we did last year!

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,968

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by statgrad96 View Post
    Awesome! I did the WDW Marathon a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time.

    I will be at A-Day, hopefully scoring a Zone ticket from some generous person as we did last year!
    I have run the WDW marathon many times, including many Goofy and Dopey Challenges. Did not this year for the first time in a long time.

    We got Zone tickets last year for $40 each. They went fast, but we were ready when they were released.

  14. #13
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30

    Re: Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I have run the WDW marathon many times, including many Goofy and Dopey Challenges. Did not this year for the first time in a long time.

    We got Zone tickets last year for $40 each. They went fast, but we were ready when they were released.
    We will be ready when Zone tickets go out as well. It's not a bad deal with the included food and the shade (if its a hot day).

    I'm not running Star Wars, but the football scheduling gods gave us an off week for Wine & Dine weekend, so I will hopefully be running that one...

    Next run will be the Tuscaloosa Half on 3/30...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar