Alabama Announces Date for 2019 A-Day

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Running a half-marathon in Orlando the Sunday before this game. Might make it over. I found the atmosphere for this game last year to be pretty incredible.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Somebody who knows somebody needs to mention to somebody that a large number of Alabama fans either are accountants or live with accountants and it would be much nicer to have this scheduled a few days after, rather than prior to, April 15th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Somebody who knows somebody needs to mention to somebody that a large number of Alabama fans either are accountants or live with accountants and it would be much nicer to have this scheduled a few days after, rather than prior to, April 15th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Easter is the next weekend, so that may have caused an issue with the scheduling of this.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
Anyone have any advice for a first-time attendee to the A-Day festivities? What is parking like, and how far is the walk from parked car to inside the stadium? Will there be shuttles? How early should one arrive?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Anyone have any advice for a first-time attendee to the A-Day festivities? What is parking like, and how far is the walk from parked car to inside the stadium? Will there be shuttles? How early should one arrive?
Parking is mostly easy. You shouldn't walk more than a half mile unless you want to. I don't recall any shuttles during the 2 I've gone to in the Nick Saban era. And how early? It depends. If you want to have a good walk about, I'd say an hour and a half. Otherwise, it's fairly low key even though there's a ton of people there usually.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Parking is mostly easy. You shouldn't walk more than a half mile unless you want to. I don't recall any shuttles during the 2 I've gone to in the Nick Saban era. And how early? It depends. If you want to have a good walk about, I'd say an hour and a half. Otherwise, it's fairly low key even though there's a ton of people there usually.
Agree - you can arrive as early or late as you like. If you want to pay $25 to park close, get there a little earlier (at least an hour before the Walk of Champions). Shuttles were running, but there weren't as many as there were for the regular season games.

There was some tailgating, but not nearly as much as for a regular season game. All of the street vendors seemed to be there, though.

Last year the Bryant Museum was open until about 6pm (much later than their normal close time that time of year). No idea what time it will close this year, but don't assume it will be the advertised time.

You can also do locker room tours and the like the day of the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Awesome! I did the WDW Marathon a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time.

I will be at A-Day, hopefully scoring a Zone ticket from some generous person as we did last year!
I have run the WDW marathon many times, including many Goofy and Dopey Challenges. Did not this year for the first time in a long time.

We got Zone tickets last year for $40 each. They went fast, but we were ready when they were released.

statgrad96

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2008
I have run the WDW marathon many times, including many Goofy and Dopey Challenges. Did not this year for the first time in a long time.

We got Zone tickets last year for $40 each. They went fast, but we were ready when they were released.
We will be ready when Zone tickets go out as well. It's not a bad deal with the included food and the shade (if its a hot day).

I'm not running Star Wars, but the football scheduling gods gave us an off week for Wine & Dine weekend, so I will hopefully be running that one...

Next run will be the Tuscaloosa Half on 3/30...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You can park as far as a mile out by DCH and still only have a mile walk so you won't have to worry about parking. Definitely hit up the Supe Store to shop and definitely hit up Bryant Museum. It's well worth it even if it's packed.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Check the Gameday tab at the top of the screen. It's between Recruits and FAQ.

I have a couple of updates to make, but nothing huge.

A-Day is a bit more relaxed than a real game, so it's not as crowded or frenetic. But most of the stuff on the tab still holds.

One caveat -- Due to road construction, you can't go straight through downtown Birmingham on I-20/59, and won't be able to until 2020. Have to take 459 around to the south. Depending on where you’re coming into Tuscaloosa from, that might or might not matter to you.

ALDOT has done a surprisingly good job managing the detours, and delays aren't what I feared they would be. But it is something to be aware of.

Last edited:

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Check the Gameday tab at the top of the screen. It's between Recruits and FAQ.

I have a couple of updates to make, but nothing huge.

A-Day is a bit more relaxed than a real game, so it's not as crowded or frenetic. But most of the stuff on the tab still holds.

One caveat -- Due to road construction, you can't go straight through downtown Birmingham on I-20/59, and won't be able to until 2020. Have to take 459 around to the south. Depending on where your coming into Tuscaloosa from, that might or might not matter to you.

ALDOT has done a surprisingly good job managing the detours, and delays aren't what I feared they would be. But it is something to be aware of.
You also want to avoid Lurleen Wallace Blvd. in Tuscaloosa due to construction. If you come in on I-359, you'll want to exit on 35th St. or 15th St.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Any news on when spring practice starts? Based on the 4/13 A-day, I’d guess 3/4 or so. Maybe 2/25.

Checked rolltide.com, but didn’t see anything on the topic.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Any news on when spring practice starts? Based on the 4/13 A-day, I’d guess 3/4 or so. Maybe 2/25.

Checked rolltide.com, but didn’t see anything on the topic.
Really doubt it would be late Feb. I'd guess maybe mid-march. They get 15 practices and can't remember if that includes the game or not (I think it does), so if they start mid-march that's a practice every other day on average. Kinda what they've done in this past IIRC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.