Game Thread: Bama @ Baylor (11 am tip)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama down 36-30 at half.

With Baylor's size, they probably don't want to try to make this rough. Donta and Galin can punish them. Giddens is plenty big to knock guys around, too.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Difference in the game is turnovers. We had to many unforced errors. Around 8 or 9. We have a chance if we clean those up..
Difference in the game is that Baylor apparently knew that the officials wouldn't call anything, so they've fouled about 50 times in the half and only were called for 4. I hope Avery adjusts.....get scrappy......

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Difference in the game is that Baylor apparently knew that the officials wouldn't call anything, so they've fouled about 50 times in the half and only were called for 4.
Didn't know we were playing at API.

Well, if that is the way they are going to call it, at least Hall probably won't foul out. (He sez.................setting up the jinx......................)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Difference in the game is that Baylor apparently knew that the officials wouldn't call anything, so they've fouled about 50 times in the half and only were called for 4. I hope Avery adjusts.....get scrappy......
I believe in letting them play a little but Lord the zebras swallowed their whistles for the last 12 minutes of that half.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Picked a great time to get into our biggest deficit of the game. Well played other thsn giving up way too many open looks from three and letting a little team get clear the offensive glass.

I much prefer this approach to officiating above 17 fouls each in a half, as long as the players stay safe and not escalate physicality, which has been the case here. Donta's elbow was completely accidental, and no one got chippy about it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Did you see the out of bounds where Baylor was inbounding the ball and the guy shoved Riley about 3 feet? Looked like the OU receivers in the Semis

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And Mack gets called for a charge doing the same thing their guy did when he took out two Bama players at the same time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.