Game Thread: Bama @ Baylor (11 am tip)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In no way is this the fault of Avery or the fellas.....

You can always execute better, but after a while you feel like it just doesn't matter what you do
I have to agree. It was pretty clear out plan was to take it inside early and often which we did with good success.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
We lost but played very well. I am not giving up again like the aTm game. I liked the inside play by Bama.

Some key series just did not go our way and this happens on the road.

I am hoping they suck it up and turn on the intensity for the remainder of conference play.

Roll Tide!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep, we are always just a little better than mediocre every year. Not quite good enough for a tourney team and barely an NIT team.
Haven’t posted over here in two months but show up after a tough loss.

Your post shows how little you know, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The players seem to play together better and the ball movement has noticeably improved in last handful of games. Really should have won this game. I'm convinced Bama is the better team. Now Bama is in another hole it has to dig out of.

Still way too many turnovers that were just bad plays by Bama (unforced by defense). Turnovers by Bama and offensive rebounds by Baylor were the difference in this game. Baylor had 10 more field goal attempts and 3 more free throw attempts than Bama.

Interesting how Bama scored so many points in the paint including several jumpers just inside the free throw line. Baylor paid a lot of attention to Petty and he only scored 2 points.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You lost this game in one place - turnovers/pts off of turnovers. You were marginally the better team but played sloppy at times and it cost you the game. If this game were at home and you were better rested, you probably win, but no one will remember that when the selections are made. This loss leaves you no room for error down the stretch.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Played will except giving up 16 offensive rebounds and second chance points. It cost them the game. Rebounding is about effort and positioning. And Baylor only had one player taller than 6-7.
We lost but played very well. I am not giving up again like the aTm game. I liked the inside play by Bama.

Some key series just did not go our way and this happens on the road.

I am hoping they suck it up and turn on the intensity for the remainder of conference play.

Roll Tide!

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Watching the game now. There was a foul on a rebound called against Herb Jones. It was atrocious. Herb had inside position not sure how that call was made. Have rewound it several times trying to see what the ref saw. Sure getting in late did not help our cause.

umlb1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2017
I just happened to be in Waco the past few days because my daughter is considering Baylor. So, what did I do today? I went to the game! Other than a moderately loud student section, the arena was only about 2/3 full and not a super noisy venue. Both teams played hard, the game was entertaining to watch, and I honestly felt Alabama could and should have won this game. Being out-rebounded was costly, and while I am not usually one to complain about officiating, I do think Alabama got hosed with a few calls/no calls in the second half. What was a relatively low foul first half turned to a more tightly-called second half, especially on Alabama. Perhaps being on the road hurt their concentration but for whatever reason, they just didn't finish some critical possessions when they needed to. Still proud of them for their effort, especially Norris.

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Haven’t posted over here in two months but show up after a tough loss.

Your post shows how little you know, too.

Really? I have been an Alabama Crimson Tide Basketball fan since 1973! Can you even relate to that?

I doubt it.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Really? I have been an Alabama Crimson Tide Basketball fan since 1973! Can you even relate to that?

I doubt it.
I don’t care how long you’ve been a fan. As dayhiker said, no one likes a person that only comes by to whine after a loss.

You didn’t care to drop by any other time in the last two months to discuss wins or losses?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yep, we are always just a little better than mediocre every year. Not quite good enough for a tourney team and barely an NIT team.
Yes, the frustration continues to mount. It was nice to actually get an NCAA win last year, but we still keep having the same issues. We are right there in games with a chance to win them, yet we just throw them away, literally with all the turnovers we normally have. Oh well, we get another big chance Tuesday night.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I can’t comment on the game. Got stuck renovating a couple of rooms this weekend, so I didn’t have time to watch. I will say though that way too many people on here can’t separate the football mentality of losing a game from the reality of basketball. In basketball, one game’s result doesn’t matter, it’s all about the bigger picture of the season.

Winning today would have been huge for our tournament chances, but the loss isn’t devastating. We lost on the road to a quality team. It won’t be held against us in March.

Undoubtedly we’ve got a tough row to hoe, but the tourney is still within reach. We’re 12-7 with no awful losses. We’ve got 12 to go, which in reality we really need to win 8-9 to have a shot at getting in. Of those 12 games, 5 are ranked opponents. So there’s still plenty of time to impress the committee.

Things don’t look good at the moment, but it’s not time to trash the team yet. We’re riding our hottest streak of the season, and we stack up well talent-wise with anyone in the conference. It’s all a matter of who shows up to win each night. Hopefully today’s disappointment will light a fire to carry the team through the next dozen games.

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.