Well, Has CNS Started on the Clemson Game Plan Yet ?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Well, Has CNS Started on the Clemson Game Plan Yet ??

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I guess he doesn’t need to game plan, waste of time. Bama fans just need to accept Clemson as our superior-

From tiger net.com

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/threa...82618?tstart=0
    Glad to see the win has kept them humble.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Just kidding ( but only a little ! )! Wouldn`t surprise me at all, however, if the staff paid a little " extra attention " to how/what they`re doing as this coming season roles along. Fine by me if they do. We won`t and shouldn`t, forget what happened.
    Clemson has a 1 game season this year.

I can promise you they're already game planning on Alabama.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

people are already calling our schedule SAWFT

yet somehow we always end up playing the most top 25 teams of anybody in the playoff hunt each year.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    people are already calling our schedule SAWFT

yet somehow we always end up playing the most top 25 teams of anybody in the playoff hunt each year.
    I have always agreed that playing in the SEC West put Alabama in a tough position relative to the SEC East and obviously the ACC and Big 12. Then Alabama was handed the most difficult playoff schedule of any team this year. Attempting to look at schedules objectively for 2019 however Alabama appears to have a schedule advantage in an out of the SEC with the exception of Clemson of course who plays A&M as the only game that should be a contest.

This is a playlist going through an analysis of top 25 schedules for 2019. I was surprised by the toughness of some of the SEC schedules with crossover games and non-conference opponents.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Alabama needs to focus on developing the players and their fundamental skills upcoming spring. That was something that was largely noticed as the season went on. Develop the depth on defense and we'll be fine. We will see a huge difference in the team between now and the fall camp.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Unless Alabama played some week-to-week schedule of whoever the rest of the nation thinks is the best team at the moment, the schedule will always be soft.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Second Team

I do think that game film is going to be used extensively from that game, for each opponent prep this season. Not each game reviewing Clemson tape to prepare for, but the things we learned about ourselves from that will be used to prepare better for each game this season. We won't have to overcome as much against most opponents, because most of them aren't anywhere near that level of talent. 12 games to prep for in 2019, maybe 2 of those schools have as much talent in key places (LSU, maybe aTm). Everyone else pales in comparison, and Clemson would beat the brakes off of them. I do expect we will play either Georgia or Florida this year, as well, and they compare favorably to Clemson. Then, a playoff game, if we are lucky, against Clemson and someone else.

I truly hope it's not Oklahoma this season. It's not that I think it's a loss for Alabama, but it's a lot of emotion to deal with, and playing them in a semi or in the final just screams of distractions. We aren't usually a distracted team; coach Saban does an excellent job managing that. But, we do get complacent, and that's the kind of team a Jalen Hurts level of talent can pick apart.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

Aside from a mjor letdown game (which can definitely happen, as we know), the only team that scares me prior to playoff if UGA. LSU and ATM slightly but not really. Auburn seems like they can’t do it but you never know. Same with UT. All in all it is one of the easier schedules weve had under Saban, it seems. It’s not soft but not a murderers row either.

FB|BB Moderator

The OP asks an interesting question, though I think alternative wording might capture the central point.

The question isn't about Clemson. The question is about how we plan for teams whose talent level is not totally outclassed by ours.

There aren't many of those teams. Clemson is one. LSU is another. aTm is closing fast. OSU is there under Meyer, as is UGA with the maturing of their 2016 class, and an other-worldly 2017 haul. For a while, UTw looked like it was headed that direction. I'm not so sure now.

Our talent level is such that a mediocre coaching staff could get 10 wins. But to win a game that matters, players and coaches actually have to work, both individually and as a unit.

So Saban isn't game-planning to beat Clemson per se. And he is focusing on us, not the opponent.

I'd bet a lot of money that he is, however, making the changes necessary to beat the few teams we can't simply bludgeon with pure athletic talent.

He is neither abandoning his own basic tenets, nor ignoring the lessons of the CFPNCG. He's yet again proving why he's the best that's ever been.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; January 28th, 2019 at 09:55 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Shaking my head. Oh the sky is falling.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

The game may have helped a lot of our future opponents start on their Bama Game Plan. If I were Coach Saban I'd expect to see a lot of "Copycat" things that Clemson was doing from our opponents next season. Fortunately they don't have a Lawrence type QB. I suppose UGA's Fromm comes closest.

BamaNation Scout Team

Haha! But for real, itís just my opinion but Clemson prepping for us alone was not why we lost that game. It certainly didnít hurt but there was simply something off with the team last year. Their focus was sketch and a train wreck was bound to happen. It was inevitable.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Glad to see the win has kept them humble.
    They haven`t won enough, long enough, to know how to do it with grace. They`ve yet to adopt Coach Bryant`s mantra, " Act like you`ve been there before ".