Well, Has CNS Started on the Clemson Game Plan Yet ?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Well, Has CNS Started on the Clemson Game Plan Yet ??

Best offense in the history of Alabama football. We played one bad game at a really unfortunate time...I for one do NOT believe that a train wreck was inevitable. RTR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Haha! But for real, it’s just my opinion but Clemson prepping for us alone was not why we lost that game. It certainly didn’t hurt but there was simply something off with the team last year. Their focus was sketch and a train wreck was bound to happen. It was inevitable.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Best offense in the history of Alabama football. We played one bad game at a really unfortunate time...I for one do NOT believe that a train wreck was inevitable. RTR!!!
    I thought we looked absolutely unbeatable—until the LSU game. The cracks began to show after that. I’ll always think that injuries and poor linebacker play were the main reasons we did not win it all in 2018.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I think there's too much being made of this loss and too much being made of the win. There was so much national angst and fatigue built up against Alabama that the result of the game has created this enormous sigh of relief. As if it were like the ending to a movie and the credits rolled and it was over. Everyone can now go home, please put your empty popcorn boxes and soft drink cups in the garbage on your way out. However, the reality of it is, Alabama is returning what should be a better team in 2019. Herbstreit even mentioned several times toward the end of the title game. I would venture to say even Dabo knows what Bama's returning. He admitted to telling CNS after the game "See you next year". Trust me, he knows what Bama has recruited and what Bama has coming back. He also knows what he's losing.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I think there's too much being made of this loss and too much being made of the win. There was so much national angst and fatigue built up against Alabama that the result of the game has created this enormous sigh of relief. As if it were like the ending to a movie and the credits rolled and it was over. Everyone can now go home, please put your empty popcorn boxes and soft drink cups in the garbage on your way out. However, the reality of it is, Alabama is returning what should be a better team in 2019. Herbstreit even mentioned several times toward the end of the title game. I would venture to say even Dabo knows what Bama's returning. He admitted to telling CNS after the game "See you next year". Trust me, he knows what Bama has recruited and what Bama has coming back. He also knows what he's losing.
    And I hope that if Bama faces him again, they crush him

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

He admitted to telling CNS after the game "See you next year".
    That comment makes some good bulletin board material for Clemson's ACC opponents as it appears that Dabo thinks he can once again breeze through the ACC schedule next season unscathed. That could very well happen but it might make it a little harder when Dabo gives his own players a little bit of "Rat Poison". I don't think Coach Saban would ever make such a comment.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    That comment makes some good bulletin board material for Clemson's ACC opponents as it appears that Dabo thinks he can once again breeze through the ACC schedule next season unscathed. That could very well happen but it might make it a little harder when Dabo gives his own players a little bit of "Rat Poison". I don't think Coach Saban would ever make such a comment.
    And the bad thing is, he's more than likely dead on right. I watched several of Clemson's conference games (including their conference championship) last season and I promise you, outside of maybe one game. They could have put their entire second and third string on both sides of the ball and won.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    people are already calling our schedule SAWFT

yet somehow we always end up playing the most top 25 teams of anybody in the playoff hunt each year.
    Our season has basically been boiled down to a few games every year. This upcoming season it will be aTm, LSU and AU. I don't expect any other team on our schedule to keep it close. Whether that should be considered a weak schedule or not I don't know. Really hard to compare schedules and opponents until scheduling is standardized which will probably never happen..

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Our season has basically been boiled down to a few games every year. This upcoming season it will be aTm, LSU and AU. I don't expect any other team on our schedule to keep it close. Whether that should be considered a weak schedule or not I don't know. Really hard to compare schedules and opponents until scheduling is standardized which will probably never happen..

I agree—and with our current schedule configuration we won’t know how good we really are until Thanksgiving weekend. THIS is why I wish they would change up our schedule and move some of the more difficult games to October or even September.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

That's rather presumptuous to say "see you next year." How does he know he's ​going to be there next year?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I he said it to Saban, it was almost surely a sign of respect. He expects Alabama to be there next year. You can argue that he is also presuming that Clemson is going to be there, but I doubt that this was intent. I don't care for Dabo for a lot of reasons, but he does not strike me as that kind of guy.

BamaNation All-American

[QUOTE=editder;3380417]That's rather presumptuous to say "see you next year." How does he know he's going to be there next year?[/QUOTE]

Well, with that schedule, something would really have to go off the rails for him not to be. He probably feels the same way.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

Had a dream last night. Well, more of a nightmare.

We were playing in the natty again. Facing UGA and Oklahoma. Thats right three teams in one game. First half was kinda close. We struggled, but stayed within striking distance. Then in the second half, the wheels came off, with Georgia and Oklahoma rattling off scores, and OU getting the best of everyone. OU had 62, UGA 50, and Bama a woeful 5 (but with a safety apparently!).

This is the world I live in, albeit with bigger priorities, or so I think. I was very relieved to wake up in a cold sweat (it was 2 degrees outside, having warmed up substantially), and remember that It was time for work.

Bonus fact: no Clemson!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

For the record, deep down ive been thinking its OU UGA and Bama who will challenge next year. Maybe someone like OSU slithering in. Kind of explains the structure and contents of the aforementioned nightmare, I suppose.