Well, Has CNS Started on the Clemson Game Plan Yet ??

mahout 67

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 27, 2010
Quebec Mt., NC
[FONT=&quot]I don’t think the mistake was what we witnessed on 01/07. I believe that the mistake was made a year ago, and that what is currently happening is Saban’s “market correction.”[/FONT]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ultimately, though, we lost this game due to the players on the field more than the staff. More pass rush and better coverage with better health could've changed that game entirely. Nobody likes blaming the players because they're not professionals but frankly some of them were not up to the standard set by their predecessors. Others were simply not available due to injuries which is not their fault but a reality nonetheless.

This turned out to be the weakest defensive staff Saban's probably ever had and he's changing that but some veteran players turned in subpar efforts and that can hardly be fully to blame on the staff.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
You learn from every loss, but Alabama needs to focus on Alabama, not Clemson. If you make next year about Clemson instead of Alabama, you won't even get to the CFP.
There you are again Nick. [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I guess he doesn’t need to game plan, waste of time. Bama fans just need to accept Clemson as our superior-
Bama is done. Saban conceded by the 2nd quarter of the championship game. If it weren't for brain fart (Smart)/youthful ignorance (Riley) coaching decisions Bama would have lost before the championship game and not even played us. Saban had no answers on 1/7/2019. And his players quit. The bully has been beaten and we won't see him again.

Riley, like a young Dabo, is learning the ropes and he will be back. Kids that don't want to come South to ply will go to OU. Once he gets a defense going (and I bet he will), OU will be a real threat.
The next time Bama could be in the playoff when Clemson does NOT have Trevor Lawrence at QB and Justyn Ross at WR (assuming both leave after their junior seasons), Saban will already be 70 years old.

Good luck grabbing that seventh title, Nick.
From tiger net.com

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Clemson-vs-Bama---2020-Recruits---Thoughts-for-Consideration-1882618?tstart=0

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Clemson fans are sniffing their own farts eh? The people who chart and do the advanced metrics on games have noted how when you plug in the stats that Clemson only had a 70% win probability in simulation for a game they actually won by 28 points. Literally every break and meaningful play broke their way. A lot of that is on coaching and players. Some of that is just good livin' as they say.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Like I reckon if Clemson was short 3 of their top 4 edge rushers and had to play somebody like Savion Smith at any corner position after a starting corner went down in September then I reckon we would've scored 44 or more points too.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'd suggest the off-season coaching changes are a move to mitigate what we saw in the NC game - Bama was flat-out out-coached. No amount of recruiting can cover that.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think I need to get off the internet for awhile! The more I read , the more cynical I become!

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I'm sure they are poring over the tape of that game and looking for ways to counter what Clemson did, simply because they know that others are going to try the same thing.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm sure they are poring over the tape of that game and looking for ways to counter what Clemson did, simply because they know that others are going to try the same thing.
I'm guessing Clemson loses twice next year BEFORE the post season. Arrogance is a team killer. Plus if you look at the recruiting for Clemson -- you will start to see depth issues in certain spots for them

A&M and at Syracuse back to back....during the 2nd and 3rd games....

I'm guessing that they come out and totally blast Ga Tech (50+) -- and then welcome A&M and get pounded on the ground repeatedly.... then they get Syracuse. So, even if they get by A&M -- to have to go to Syracuse the following week? That's enough to get them in the "L" column early.

Then it's smooth sailing until they get to Columbia.....which I think will be a different ball game next season....

I see 2 losses....before the post season

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The fact that we count 'Cuse as their biggest threat behind aTm is part of what makes this so farcical...
I'm guessing Clemson loses twice next year BEFORE the post season. Arrogance is a team killer. Plus if you look at the recruiting for Clemson -- you will start to see depth issues in certain spots for them

I'm guessing that they come out and totally blast Ga Tech (50+) -- and then welcome A&M and get pounded on the ground repeatedly.... then they get Syracuse. So, even if they get by A&M -- to have to go to Syracuse the following week? That's enough to get them in the "L" column early.

Then it's smooth sailing until they get to Columbia.....which I think will be a different ball game next season....

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

The ACC is really soft, but here is to wishing. If their fans are any indication they will lose most. I went to tigernet yesterday because a local kid, Kevin Swint committed to Clemson. There are actually threads about Clemson breaking OU’s 47 in a row, they won’t lose while Tlaw is at Clemson, and a joke thread that Tlaw is challenging the NFL draft policy and Nick Saban is paying his legal bills. It’s going to be fun watching them fall. Someone posted all the game threads from message boards of every major program across the country.
I posted in this thread some excerpts from a tigernet recruiting thread , a few posts above this .
It goes on and on and on. My eyeballs are scorched, I’m done for a few days at least. I was hoping to find recruiting news from visits this weekend. I’m taking the above advice, focus on Bama!

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hope they drink gallons of that kool-aid and they are so full they can't move. You must stay humble when you are on top because the fall hurts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.