Well, Has CNS Started on the Clemson Game Plan Yet ??

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Just kidding ( but only a little ! )! Wouldn`t surprise me at all, however, if the staff paid a little " extra attention " to how/what they`re doing as this coming season roles along. :wink: Fine by me if they do. We won`t and shouldn`t, forget what happened.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Considering Clemson camp admitted to prepping for Bama in lieu of Notre Dame, I would really like to hear that we are watching Clemson tapes before anything is certain.. just in case we meet again.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I hope he is trying to treat the causes of the loss. Tua throwing passes that the defense already knew was coming. Defensive backs getting flat out beat. Linebackers being out of position. If he fixes this it will prepare the team better for Clemson and all of our opponents.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
This is a good time for him to look at what went wrong in that game and see what changes need to be made. Saban and Bama will never have the same amount of time to prepare for Clemson as they have for Bama due to strength of conference. At the beginning of the season Clemson probably has the dates circled already that they can possibly play Bama in a playoff game while Bama does not have that luxury. With the weak ACC Clemson probably views all the regular season games as just tuneups for Bama.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Unless several faltering ACC powers get their crap together I don't think Clemson is in any real threat to lose that conference for the next 3-4 years. Florida State benefited from this in the 1990s. Clemson is benefiting from it today.

Still I think this "they prepped all year for us" stuff is overrated. We lost because nearly season-long bad defensive strategy and some of the players on the field were even worse partially due to bad coaching. We lost the game in the off-season as much as they won it in the off-season in my opinion. Too many injuries paired with too many misses on the coaching staff overhaul.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You learn from every loss, but Alabama needs to focus on Alabama, not Clemson. If you make next year about Clemson instead of Alabama, you won't even get to the CFP.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Indirectly, without a doubt.

Right now, the 'Clemson' game plan is the 2019 game plan and it's all geared to maximizing potential and everyone doing their own individual jobs. If everyone buys in and does this, the Clemson game plan takes care of itself. If you read any of Saban's books or books about him, this is how he operates.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You learn from every loss, but Alabama needs to focus on Alabama, not Clemson. If you make next year about Clemson instead of Alabama, you won't even get to the CFP.
Yep. Our mantra ever since Saban arrived is we worry about ourselves, not the opponent and if we do what we are suppossed to do it will take care of itself. He has not spent one second thinking about Clemson since every second of his time is thinking about how we can get better.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Yep. Our mantra ever since Saban arrived is we worry about ourselves, not the opponent and if we do what we are suppossed to do it will take care of itself. He has not spent one second thinking about Clemson since every second of his time is thinking about how we can get better.
I agree. Saban has to gel this coaching staff together first. Then build off of our returning strengths and shore up our weaknesses. If we can get back to having an elite defense (by Bama's standards) then we will be more than half-way there, but we have to focus on retooling these lines and getting them where we need them. They were good but not what we've had in the past.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This thread reminds me of Clemson fans. I’m sure the game film is being broken down play by play like all games, and the analysis is put in the game binder. We had a team fully capable of beating Clemson, we didn’t have a very good game plan or preparation! Nick hired an experienced staff that will prevent that type game from happening again!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.