SIAP - Video of Saban Speaking at AFCA Conference

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's absolutely right. Circumstances in the society have changed since Saban's playing days. A lot of these young men need someone to value them as an individual so they can realize their potential.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nick Saban on differences in teams.
I don’t think our coaches spent enough time building relationships with the people on the team. its the Biggest difference in our team.

Probably a big reason for so many coaching changes.

Last edited:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Wow...a lot to digest here...

First...stressing the importance of individual relationships...knocks it out of the park with me!!! And I love that he tied it into the church environment, because that’s where I can connect the dots on a personal level.

Second...the correlation between broken families and father figures (or even simply role models) and the respect requested/given in these coach/player relationships, is a dynamic that lesser men won’t embrace...or at most, will simply give lip-service to.

Third...coaches on the staff who wouldn’t take the time (or see the value) to develop personal relationships with our players, is the dynamic that we’ve all been striving to find...to justify and explain the coaching turnover that we’re watching unfold right now.

Fourth...Coach’s sweater against that backdrop made me dizzy...and almost caused me to have a seizure 🤔😲🤭

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He could really package up this general message and give it to the city and county school systems and it would serve that audience just as well.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Rollbamaroll.com reported this video was being mentioned in many places as talking about the 2018 team but they said it was from 2014 as CrimsonForce points out.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It said May, 2018. Regardless, it still applies.
Right, but it wasn't a reference to coaching changes this year. The reasons may be similar but it's a little misleading to say that video is why coaching changes were made after the 2018 season when the video is from 2014..

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Right, but it wasn't a reference to coaching changes this year. The reasons may be similar but it's a little misleading to say that video is why coaching changes were made after the 2018 season when the video is from 2014..
I was saying that statement was a big reason. Regardless of when it was said. When I watched the video I saw the date Of that copy was may 2018. I thought the video was older than that, but regardless. That philosophy had a lot to do with coaching changes the last couple of years’. That is my statement, my opinion!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was saying that statement was a big reason. Regardless of when it was said. When I watched the video I saw the date Of that copy was may 2018. I thought the video was older than that, but regardless. That philosophy had a lot to do with coaching changes the last couple of years’. That is my statement, my opinion!
Where did you see a copy date on the video? Can't see one when I watch it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Don’t ask how I got here! But this is where I watched it. Actually , I think I googled the speech because Nick looked younger and tan !

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.