Nice Note on Jalen Hurts at OU - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Nice Note on Jalen Hurts at OU

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Hyperbole...you guys want to rub it in...We can all read how he's doing on our own if we so choose, which I for one will...No need to bash folks...Gesture of kindness made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...
    Yeah I will say I'm tired of fans of other teams posting here and trying to moderate or criticize our site. If you don't like it here move on.
    Last edited by RollTide_HTTR; January 27th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I really appreciate Jalen sticking the season out and also all the contributions he made to Bama football both on and off the field. The only thing I would be interested in hearing is what goes on between the lines. I definitely won't be pulling for Oklahoma to win, but I will not begrudge any success he has.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

If someone posts a thread about Jalen I have two choices, don't I? I choose to click it.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I like Jalen but Oklahoma is the worst place for him to go IMO. If Alabama and Oklahoma play next year, we may see his true reason for transferring to the sooners. He will be motivated like no other quarterback we've ever faced. Think about that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    I like Jalen but Oklahoma is the worst place for him to go IMO. If Alabama and Oklahoma play next year, we may see his true reason for transferring to the sooners. He will be motivated like no other quarterback we've ever faced. Think about that.
    Of course he would be motivated. Why wouldn't he be? All competitors are motivated to win. A competitor who lost his spot would be extra motivated. That seems pretty normal. If we play them again in the playoff, may the best team win. I hope Jalen does well, but I rarely ever hope OU wins a game, so I hope they don't come close to the playoff.

BamaNation Scout Team

Thank you for this type of update. I have wondered how he's doing as he starts getting acclimated to OU and hope he's doing well. I, for one, do appreciate this information and hope that Oklahoma is as much of a home for him as it can be the next year, and he finds the success he needs to make his next steps. He definitely threw himself straight into the fire, going to a place that's had such success the past two years at the QB position. I think that says a lot about what kind of steel cojones this young man has, to take on the challenge there.

Of course, if he faces the Tide, I'll cheer for Bama. But otherwise, I hope for the best for him and am glad to hear he's feeling comfortable there, and the OU people are appreciating him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

I appreciate the updates. As for the admonishment, feel free to take that back home with you.

BamaNation Scout Team

don't let the vocal few get in the way. Keep posting ! I love Jalen and hope OU wins every game unless they end up playing us.

Nobody said not to post, Clay...What has been asked is that you respect this board as a guest. This is far and away the most fan/family friendly CFB board on the inter-web. Follow simple rules and enjoy...I don't particularly think that calling one of our mods and most respected members sarcastic and negative is respectful...it is an ALABAMA board for crying out loud..RTR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    don't let the vocal few get in the way. Keep posting ! I love Jalen and hope OU wins every game unless they end up playing us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Jalen Hurts will always hold a special place in Alabama hearts. He could easily have had a tantrum and sulked after losing the starting job, but he is a man of class and I wish him all the best at OK except if he comes up against the Tide.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

I wish Jalen well in his personal endeavors. He was our backup QB and he has moved on. If something comes up on Tidefans about him, I will read it to see how he is doing. That being said, I could care less about OU or anything they do. And by the way, we have the best QB in college football, so I am excited about the upcoming year.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenmm View Post
    Jalen has taken to OU like a duck to water; he's everything and more you guys said he is and its recognized and appreciated; thought I would pass along that today when the basketball team was playing Vanderbilt, fans literally lined up in the stands to get their picture taken with him and he accommodated them; he is a huge hit with the players and he and the top QB recruit Spencer Rattler are also hitting it off extremely well
    Just so you know, Coach Lincoln Riley and the rest of Sooner Nation is going to do all they can to make him our third Heisman winner in a row; saying that, wouldn't it be something if he and Tua could tie

Just thought you guys might like to hear how he's doing in Norman
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Love me some JH, but I'm kinda bummed that:
    1- we're going to have to hear updates and references about him all next season, and
    2- the OU fans are gonna post here constantly about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    OU fans have been on both sides of this situation. Trevor Knight was beloved by Sooners for many of the same reasons Alabama fans love Hurts. Reporting on Jalen's acclimation to life in Norman would seem to be a gesture of kindness as both fan bases follow the young man's life journey. Why you feel the need to inject your sarcasm and negative attitude into the discussion is beyond me. It would be like me trashing Freddie Kitchens because he's now Mayfield's head coach. No one expects Hurts to win the HT. This is not an OU vs Alabama thing. This is about one highly respected young man and his journey through life.
    Except that anyone with the slightest ability in reading comprehension understands that CA did not in any way come close to criticising, much less trashing, Lincoln or Hurts.

That's without even considering the different between a player advancing to the NFL from college and one transferring from one college to another.

Within reason, everyone is allowed to express their opinion on the matter.

That said, OFD, your attitude of late and apparent personal animus toward CA for calling you out on it seem to be impairing your judgment on how to express your opinion.

As for what this is about: It's about a lot of things, including boundaries and decorum.

I am happy for Jalen. He is an outstanding young man.

But there is a certain amount of gloating going on in a statement that goes "Just so you know, Coach Lincoln Riley and the rest of Sooner Nation is going to do all they can to make him our third Heisman winner in a row", so it is easy to understand why some may not like it. I don't like it. If the smugness and arrogance inherent in that statement were left out then a different response may have occurred.

Get that log out of your own eye first. It's blinding you.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.