Nice Note on Jalen Hurts at OU - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Nice Note on Jalen Hurts at OU

Jalen Hurts is already making a strong impression at Oklahoma.

The transfer quarterback showed up at the Sooners' basketball game against Vanderbilt Saturday afternoon, and fans were very excited to see him.

Hurts joined coach Lincoln Riley and several football players who showed off the Sooners' Big 12 championship trophy. Hurts even threw T-shirts into the crowd.

During halftime, fans stood in line to meet and take photos with Hurts.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/jalen-hurts...223010578.html

Last edited by bamaga; January 27th, 2019 at 08:30 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

I personally prefer Jalen over Tua. I think that kind of offense is better than the one with Tua when it comes to winning NC's. But, that's just me. I do get why CNS will have Tua as #1 and will support him 100%. I hope Jalen does well at OU. Heck, I'll be an OU fan for a year (unless we play them in the playoffs or bowl game).
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I personally prefer Jalen over Tua. I think that kind of offense is better than the one with Tua when it comes to winning NC's. But, that's just me. I do get why CNS will have Tua as #1 and will support him 100%. I hope Jalen does well at OU. Heck, I'll be an OU fan for a year (unless we play them in the playoffs or bowl game).
    Did you prefer Jalen in the the play-offs last year? Look, I love Jalen but our offense this year was so much better than it has ever been and we would have hit the wall with Jalen this year worse than we did with Tua. Tua had a bad NC game and some think we were better off with out him but that is just plain wrong. Tua will lead us to a NC next year and he will win the Heisman. Jalen will do well at OU but he is not Tua.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Did you prefer Jalen in the the play-offs last year? Look, I love Jalen but our offense this year was so much better than it has ever been and we would have hit the wall with Jalen this year worse than we did with Tua. Tua had a bad NC game and some think we were better off with out him but that is just plain wrong. Tua will lead us to a NC next year and he will win the Heisman. Jalen will do well at OU but he is not Tua.
    I agree completely..............Jalen is a great guy and a good QB, but Tua is the starter for a reason

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I dont have a problem with hearing about Hurts at Oklahoma. I would be fine with him winning the Heisman. If we dont win the national championship, I hope they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What number does Jalen wear? #1 since Murray left? Lamb is #2, so I doubt he takes that!
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Except that anyone with the slightest ability in reading comprehension understands that CA did not in any way come close to criticising, much less trashing, Lincoln or Hurts.
    Those who miss the point of my post are doing so either willfully or ignorantly...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation First Team wishbonesooner's Avatar

Thanks for the kind words, I'm as die hard an OU fan that has ever been born. I have nothing but respect for Jalen, and for you good folks here on Tidefans. It's a little early for Heisman talk, at least for me. The kid at Clemson may have some say in it before it's over.
    I have my standards, admittedly they're low, but I have standards!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I can express my thoughts simply - I hope that Jalen has an incredible season while the Sooners lose. I will pull for the player, not the team.
    Like I pulled for Amari even though I HATE the Raiders. And Julio and Calvin with the Falcons.

Nice Note on Jalen Hurts at OU

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    What number does Jalen wear? #1 since Murray left? Lamb is #2, so I doubt he takes that!
    I would suggest Jalen wear number 0 since the heisman contender will have a target on his back.
    Last edited by spock*; January 27th, 2019 at 10:36 PM.
    [color=darkred]Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by XXIII View Post
    This seems so petty... Jalen is my favorite player of the last 5 years. I can pretty confidently say that most Alabama fans on here are eager to hear about positive news going on regarding him. Especially during the offseason and especially when the poster was being respectful.

Anyone saying the heisman comment was an intended jab is just grasping at straws to put the poster down bc hes an OU guy IMO
    I agree completely with your post. It seems some here are splitting hairs and reaching at straws to negatively interpret the original and followup post. Where is the class in any of that - definitely not consistent with philosophies of Bear, Stallings, and Saban.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Those who miss the point of my post are doing so either willfully or ignorantly...
    I agree.

We've reached the point of irreconcilable differences. Time to shut this thread down.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.