Nice Note on Jalen Hurts at OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
Jalen has taken to OU like a duck to water; he's everything and more you guys said he is and its recognized and appreciated; thought I would pass along that today when the basketball team was playing Vanderbilt, fans literally lined up in the stands to get their picture taken with him and he accommodated them; he is a huge hit with the players and he and the top QB recruit Spencer Rattler are also hitting it off extremely well
Just so you know, Coach Lincoln Riley and the rest of Sooner Nation is going to do all they can to make him our third Heisman winner in a row; saying that, wouldn't it be something if he and Tua could tie

Just thought you guys might like to hear how he's doing in Norman

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Please take care of our sweet Prince. We will miss him but glad to know he’s already fitting in well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Please take care of our sweet Prince. We will miss him but glad to know he’s already fitting in well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet prince is right. I doubt anyone will replace Hurts. Even if Tua wins another national championship I cannot overlook Hurts contributions and his character to supplant him as my favorite player.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Love me some JH, but I'm kinda bummed that:
1- we're going to have to hear updates and references about him all next season, and
2- the OU fans are gonna post here constantly about it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It’s too bad that Tua will win the Heisman by the largest vote ever! Jalen is an OU football player, at least until OU finishes their season in a NY6 bowl! Then he will be a beloved Bama player again!

Last edited:

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
I obviously erred in thinking there would be some interest this soon after he came to OU.

Last edited:

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
1- we're going to have to hear updates and references about him all next season, and
You can be assured you won't hear another word about him from me. with all the comments I read before, it seemed the good comments about him were genuine and there would be interest in how he's doing; and I bet OU fans don't post here constantly about him, after all as someone pointed out, he is a Sooner
; I was wrong at least where you are concerned; you know I'm from Bama too by the way, Clanton.

Last edited:

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
You can be assured you won't hear another word about him from me. with all the comments I read before, it seemed the good comments about him were genuine and there would be interest in how he's doing; and I bet OU fans don't post here constantly about him, after all as someone pointed out, he is a Sooner
; I was wrong at least where you are concerned; you know I'm from Bama too by the way, Clanton.
Don’t get so easily turned off. I, for one, am certainly interested in occasional posts regarding inside info about how Jalen is adjusting/doing at OU. Your first post on this subject is appreciated, and I am especially interested in Jalen’s performance during spring competition.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
OU fans have been on both sides of this situation. Trevor Knight was beloved by Sooners for many of the same reasons Alabama fans love Hurts. Reporting on Jalen's acclimation to life in Norman would seem to be a gesture of kindness as both fan bases follow the young man's life journey. Why you feel the need to inject your sarcasm and negative attitude into the discussion is beyond me. It would be like me trashing Freddie Kitchens because he's now Mayfield's head coach. No one expects Hurts to win the HT. This is not an OU vs Alabama thing. This is about one highly respected young man and his journey through life.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I , for one, would like to see updates on Jalen from our OU friends. Please don't let a few ill-humoured people turn you off. Keep it coming.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Don't mind CA. He's just more of a purist than others here. I enjoy the update. Obviously no need to update us on his stats in season but this kind of update is great IMO.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Hyperbole...you guys want to rub it in...We can all read how he's doing on our own if we so choose, which I for one will...No need to bash folks...Gesture of kindness made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...
OU fans have been on both sides of this situation. Trevor Knight was beloved by Sooners for many of the same reasons Alabama fans love Hurts. Reporting on Jalen's acclimation to life in Norman would seem to be a gesture of kindness as both fan bases follow the young man's life journey. Why you feel the need to inject your sarcasm and negative attitude into the discussion is beyond me. It would be like me trashing Freddie Kitchens because he's now Mayfield's head coach. No one expects Hurts to win the HT. This is not an OU vs Alabama thing. This is about one highly respected young man and his journey through life.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Hyperbole...you guys want to rub it in...We can all read how he's doing on our own if we so choose, which I for one will...No need to bash folks...Gesture of kindness made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...
Yeah I will say I'm tired of fans of other teams posting here and trying to moderate or criticize our site. If you don't like it here move on.

Last edited:

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I really appreciate Jalen sticking the season out and also all the contributions he made to Bama football both on and off the field. The only thing I would be interested in hearing is what goes on between the lines. I definitely won't be pulling for Oklahoma to win, but I will not begrudge any success he has.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I like Jalen but Oklahoma is the worst place for him to go IMO. If Alabama and Oklahoma play next year, we may see his true reason for transferring to the sooners. He will be motivated like no other quarterback we've ever faced. Think about that.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I like Jalen but Oklahoma is the worst place for him to go IMO. If Alabama and Oklahoma play next year, we may see his true reason for transferring to the sooners. He will be motivated like no other quarterback we've ever faced. Think about that.
Of course he would be motivated. Why wouldn't he be? All competitors are motivated to win. A competitor who lost his spot would be extra motivated. That seems pretty normal. If we play them again in the playoff, may the best team win. I hope Jalen does well, but I rarely ever hope OU wins a game, so I hope they don't come close to the playoff.

NCRollTider

Dec 17, 2010
Thank you for this type of update. I have wondered how he's doing as he starts getting acclimated to OU and hope he's doing well. I, for one, do appreciate this information and hope that Oklahoma is as much of a home for him as it can be the next year, and he finds the success he needs to make his next steps. He definitely threw himself straight into the fire, going to a place that's had such success the past two years at the QB position. I think that says a lot about what kind of steel cojones this young man has, to take on the challenge there.

Of course, if he faces the Tide, I'll cheer for Bama. But otherwise, I hope for the best for him and am glad to hear he's feeling comfortable there, and the OU people are appreciating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.