Politics: Fake news (SIAP) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Fake news (SIAP)

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I do have a birthday ending in a zero this year...
    AND YOU’RE STILL DRIVING??????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the stated reason was for the kids being there at the march?
    They had attended a pro-life march nearby and were there to see the Lincoln Memorial and catch buses out.

It just so happened that the crazy BHI's were there spouting hate toward everyone, including the nearby Indigenous Peoples march participants who were getting ready to leave apparently.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

I do have a birthday ending in a zero this year...
    Happy Earle-y 50th!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    They had attended a pro-life march nearby and were there to see the Lincoln Memorial and catch buses out.

It just so happened that the crazy BHI's were there spouting hate toward everyone, including the nearby Indigenous Peoples march participants who were getting ready to leave apparently.
    They were there spouting some hate themselves despite the PR firm pushback against the original story.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    I view it as gossiping, or maybe we should term it e-gossiping. Spreading something without knowing the underlying truth Is and has always been wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To my original post, my coworker said he “heard it on the radio”. That’s full-throttle propaganda, because unlike the internet, not everyone has access to the airwaves.
    Knowing him, it was either Rash, Horse Face or Ingrate (maybe Tomi Lowrent, not sure if she’s on radio. Not sure if Trigger is either).

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    They were there spouting some hate themselves despite the PR firm pushback against the original story.
    Gotta be honest: When the first story that came out proved to be very dishonest I lost interest in what a group of middle/high schoolers attending a public protest were doing. I agree things could/should have been done differently, but I really have no zeal to denigrate them after the mischaracterizations even if they are rich white male catholic schoolboys with the seemingly prerequisite attitudes to go with all that.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    AND YOU’RE STILL DRIVING??????

Yep, and unlike a royal prince, I have sense enough to don my seat belt...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

When people continue to post in social media that Roy Scheider just passed away...and it's been coming up on 11 years now since his death.....you know there's a major disconnect!

We live in a different world now, obviously.

I can't really offer any solution except to try and take it easy on your fellow man and try to take into account the continued pursuit of ratings by the media and how that can act to polarize society.

Personally - I'm not going to let them do that.

I tend to watch BBC for my news as much as possible anyway - they don't seem to have as much of an agenda as the others.

Good luck.....YMMV...

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    When people continue to post in social media that Roy Scheider just passed away...and it's been coming up on 11 years now since his death.....you know there's a major disconnect!

I can't really offer any solution except to try and take it easy on your fellow man and try to take into account the continued pursuit of ratings by the media and how that can act to polarize society.

I tend to watch BBC for my news as much as possible anyway - they don't seem to have as much of an agenda as the others.

Good luck.....YMMV...
    I like BBC news - as cut and dry as they come.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I like BBC news - as cut and dry as they come.
    Natalie and George are my favs to watch - especially Natalie....she's hawt!

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

I wish your other sources were as good as the BBC because a lot of the stuff you've pulled out over the last few years definitely didn't come from them.

Good luck.....YMMV...
    Our local NPR station carries them in its third band. I'm about to shut down now, pull out a book and turn "The World"...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Kentucky Teen Nick Sandmann Sues The Washington Post For $250 Million

The Covington Catholic High student’s suit says the Post “caused permanent damage to his life and reputation” with its report on a Lincoln Memorial incident.
    According to the lawsuit filed by attorneys Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry, the Post’s coverage of the incident “wrongfully targeted and bullied” Sandmann “because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nick-sandmann-covington-washington-post-lawsuit_n_5c6cb519e4b0f40774c9e32d

I hope that smirking little smart aleck gets nada.