Measles Outbreak In Washington State - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Re: Measles Outbreak In Washington State

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    or it may have something to do with this. but then we wouldn't be able to imply that immigrants are at fault

Washington declared a public health emergency over measles. Thank vaccine-refusing parents.
    I did read that. I wasn't blaming the immigrants, at least that wasn't my intent. I am blaming immigration policies being a possible cause. If the people are coming illegally we are shooting ourselves in the foot by not giving them vaccinations. Just so you won't have any tolerance for my views I will admit that I believe breaking the law makes you a criminal. I do wish they would change the law if they aren't going to enforce them. Now take your shots it's all good.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    I did read that. I wasn't blaming the immigrants, at least that wasn't my intent. I am blaming immigration policies being a possible cause. If the people are coming illegally we are shooting ourselves in the foot by not giving them vaccinations. Just so you won't have any tolerance for my views I will admit that I believe breaking the law makes you a criminal. I do wish they would change the law if they aren't going to enforce them. Now take your shots it's all good.
    central american countries have vaccination rates that are similar (and in some cases higher) than the u.s.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    We know several couples who do not vaccinate their children and they all have lifestyle similarities that I think progressed into not having their children vaccinated. It seems the parents began with going to a more "organic" diet (which there's nothing wrong with by the way). They then watched too many Netflix documentaries demonizing any and all foods (and the companies who produced them) not sold at a local farmers market and the paranoia took hold. Netflix then started feeding them new series that progressed from food to medicines and health. All man made medicines are bad, there are natural cures and treatments for everything the pharmaceutical industry sells. They are just killing your kids or causing them to have autism (insert Jenny McCarthy crusade that ultimately came to an end when she found out she was wrong) etc.

So blame Netflix.
    I have a particular disdain for that woman
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Didnít he also eat nothing but fruit?

Yes he did, he went on a 100% fruit diet until he got so sick that his doctors screened him for everything and found the cancer (IIRC). He thought he could beat it with new age BS when he had a form of pancreatic cancer that with modern medicine has a very high survival rate. But Steve knew better and now Steve is dead
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes he did, he went on a 100% fruit diet until he got so sick that his doctors screened him for everything and found the cancer (IIRC). He thought he could beat it with new age BS when he had a form of pancreatic cancer that with modern medicine has a very high survival rate. But Steve knew better and now Steve is dead
    No disrespect to Dead Steve. But I about died I laughed so hard at this.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

reminded me of this

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

My niece got whooping cough when she was very young. She was a vaccinated child. I did some research at the time and found out even if vaccinated for it, you can still get a mild case (which hers was). I also found out there were some deaths in California to whooping cough due to unvaccinated kids and then getting misdiagnosed by doctors.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    You would have enjoyed posting here while W was President. It was open season on liberals back then, but with a new set of moderators things have changed. For the better, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    You would have enjoyed posting here while W was President. It was open season on liberals back then, but with a new set of moderators things have changed. For the better, in my opinion.
    Many posters changed as well.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Hawaii also reported two cases of measles in travelers who were infected in Washington before their visit to the Big Island.

The first case in this outbreak has been traced to an international traveler to Clark County who had contact with community groups with low vaccination rates, Wiesman said. Washington Department of Health officials identified 11 health care facilities, 13 schools and child-care centers and over 100 public places, including stores, where people may have been exposed to the virus, he said.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/healt...-bn/index.html
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Third Team

NM........
    Last edited by Sevenmm; January 31st, 2019 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    abc reported that there are 3 cases in georgia.

After 3 measles cases in Georgia, doctors fear outbreak here

ATLANTA —
    A measles outbreak is expanding this morning, and it's now in several states, including Georgia.

There are 38 confirmed cases in Washington state alone.

Health officials are worried it could continue to grow.

As long as people in the community aren't vaccinated, doctors say there is potential for an outbreak here.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

So, you're saying Netflix is run by illegal immigrants ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    We know several couples who do not vaccinate their children and they all have lifestyle similarities that I think progressed into not having their children vaccinated. It seems the parents began with going to a more "organic" diet (which there's nothing wrong with by the way). They then watched too many Netflix documentaries demonizing any and all foods (and the companies who produced them) not sold at a local farmers market and the paranoia took hold. Netflix then started feeding them new series that progressed from food to medicines and health. All man made medicines are bad, there are natural cures and treatments for everything the pharmaceutical industry sells. They are just killing your kids or causing them to have autism (insert Jenny McCarthy crusade that ultimately came to an end when she found out she was wrong) etc.

So blame Netflix.