Measles Outbreak In Washington State

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
or it may have something to do with this. but then we wouldn't be able to imply that immigrants are at fault

Washington declared a public health emergency over measles. Thank vaccine-refusing parents.
We know several couples who do not vaccinate their children and they all have lifestyle similarities that I think progressed into not having their children vaccinated. It seems the parents began with going to a more "organic" diet (which there's nothing wrong with by the way). They then watched too many Netflix documentaries demonizing any and all foods (and the companies who produced them) not sold at a local farmers market and the paranoia took hold. Netflix then started feeding them new series that progressed from food to medicines and health. All man made medicines are bad, there are natural cures and treatments for everything the pharmaceutical industry sells. They are just killing your kids or causing them to have autism (insert Jenny McCarthy crusade that ultimately came to an end when she found out she was wrong) etc.

So blame Netflix.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We know several couples who do not vaccinate their children and they all have lifestyle similarities that I think progressed into not having their children vaccinated. It seems the parents began with going to a more "organic" diet (which there's nothing wrong with by the way). They then watched too many Netflix documentaries demonizing any and all foods (and the companies who produced them) not sold at a local farmers market and the paranoia took hold. Netflix then started feeding them new series that progressed from food to medicines and health. All man made medicines are bad, there are natural cures and treatments for everything the pharmaceutical industry sells. They are just killing your kids or causing them to have autism (insert Jenny McCarthy crusade that ultimately came to an end when she found out she was wrong) etc.

So blame Netflix.
I am going to make my own Netflix documentary (let’s face it Netflix will not say no). It will be about anything I can make up. I will tell them being around an architect named Chris that is a Bama fan will give them a horrible deadly disease and they should immediately move to an island away from everyone. I will hire a voiceover guy to do it in a very scary voice.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

So blame Netflix.
This is the left's particular brand of crazy, for the most part. Even Steve Jobs, an otherwise extremely intelligent man, believed that a Himalayan salt crystal was a better treatment for his pancreatic cancer than surgery.

Spoiler: it wasn't.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
or it may have something to do with this. but then we wouldn't be able to imply that immigrants are at fault

Washington declared a public health emergency over measles. Thank vaccine-refusing parents.
I did read that. I wasn't blaming the immigrants, at least that wasn't my intent. I am blaming immigration policies being a possible cause. If the people are coming illegally we are shooting ourselves in the foot by not giving them vaccinations. Just so you won't have any tolerance for my views I will admit that I believe breaking the law makes you a criminal. I do wish they would change the law if they aren't going to enforce them. Now take your shots it's all good.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I did read that. I wasn't blaming the immigrants, at least that wasn't my intent. I am blaming immigration policies being a possible cause. If the people are coming illegally we are shooting ourselves in the foot by not giving them vaccinations. Just so you won't have any tolerance for my views I will admit that I believe breaking the law makes you a criminal. I do wish they would change the law if they aren't going to enforce them. Now take your shots it's all good.
central american countries have vaccination rates that are similar (and in some cases higher) than the u.s.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

So blame Netflix.
I have a particular disdain for that woman

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Didn’t he also eat nothing but fruit?

Yes he did, he went on a 100% fruit diet until he got so sick that his doctors screened him for everything and found the cancer (IIRC). He thought he could beat it with new age BS when he had a form of pancreatic cancer that with modern medicine has a very high survival rate. But Steve knew better and now Steve is dead

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yes he did, he went on a 100% fruit diet until he got so sick that his doctors screened him for everything and found the cancer (IIRC). He thought he could beat it with new age BS when he had a form of pancreatic cancer that with modern medicine has a very high survival rate. But Steve knew better and now Steve is dead
No disrespect to Dead Steve. But I about died I laughed so hard at this. :biggrin2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My niece got whooping cough when she was very young. She was a vaccinated child. I did some research at the time and found out even if vaccinated for it, you can still get a mild case (which hers was). I also found out there were some deaths in California to whooping cough due to unvaccinated kids and then getting misdiagnosed by doctors.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
You would have enjoyed posting here while W was President. It was open season on liberals back then, but with a new set of moderators things have changed. For the better, in my opinion.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Hawaii also reported two cases of measles in travelers who were infected in Washington before their visit to the Big Island.

The first case in this outbreak has been traced to an international traveler to Clark County who had contact with community groups with low vaccination rates, Wiesman said. Washington Department of Health officials identified 11 health care facilities, 13 schools and child-care centers and over 100 public places, including stores, where people may have been exposed to the virus, he said.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/health/measles-outbreak-new-york-washington-update-bn/index.html

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
abc reported that there are 3 cases in georgia.

After 3 measles cases in Georgia, doctors fear outbreak here

ATLANTA —
A measles outbreak is expanding this morning, and it's now in several states, including Georgia.

There are 38 confirmed cases in Washington state alone.

Health officials are worried it could continue to grow.

As long as people in the community aren't vaccinated, doctors say there is potential for an outbreak here.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
So, you're saying Netflix is run by illegal immigrants ?

So blame Netflix.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.