Game Thread: MSU @ Alabama (7:30 tip on SECN)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hit just enough free throws down the stretch to cover the turnovers. Those 2 blocks were huge. This team is both great and terrible.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Hall doesn’t get his fourth foul as early as he did, I’m not sure State gets back into the game.

Would like to see Avery start doing what Baylor did to Alabama - have all 5 players OOBs and four run vertical on inbounds plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Avery nonchalantly "a couple of malfunctions there at the end against the press offense." I'll say..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Amazing... Alabama had 4 quick turnovers to start the game and ended up with 11 for the game. The first four and last four minutes of the game were the main turnover periods.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Petty down low is a good option for us.

Coach Johnson has often posted guards down low depending on the defender. He has done this with Ingram a lot over the last couple of years.

I like it and don't notice many teams doing as much; I think it may be an NBA thing. With the size of Bama's guards, there is almost always a mis-match with one of them. Petty has shown some strong moves at the bucket.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Missed FTs and turnovers down the stretch are not weaknesses you'd like to have, but just win baby!! This has been a tough stretch since Jan 5th. Kentucky, Tennessee, the Miss schools, Baylor, LSU, Mizzou and aTm. aTm being the least tough and we lost. Went 4-4. Now, after the AU game, there's some wins to be had if we'll take care of our knitting.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Great win. Roll Tide!!!! This team is going to give me a heart attach. Love some of the offensive plays we run now and how we are relentlessly pounding the paint. State has some really good players on their team. Didn't know they had a 5 star player. He played like it tonight. Couple times looking at Reese on defensive rebounds he is playing with no force. He has to do a better job of sealing his player. Couple times I saw him just completely whipped by his man on rebounds off of free throws. We got the rebound on a couple of those but he has to get a little nasty on boxing out. This team is hard to figure out. Seems we can beat just about anyone in the nation on any given night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.