Question: What direction do you see college football heading in the next 10 years? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: What direction do you see college football heading in the next 10 years?

Honestly—one that most of will not like. The ncaa has already legislated against good defense. I think that same governing body will continue to chip away at the sport in the name of “safety” and “fairness” and we will continue to move more toward an “arena football”- style collegiate sport.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; January 29th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Pay for play, Video refs with a panel to judge penalties. No kickoffs each team gets the ball on the 35 after electronic coin toss. No tackling each team will have to push a button located on each side of the shoulder pads. There will be 10 6 minute periods of play with a 2min break between. For the 4th period of play fans will be able to call plays for there team via text messaging system to the university. Text your play and if it qualifies it is used. So all in all I will say the future is looking bright.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

I guess I will answer on the field and how it is played. I think more scoring and better offense is where that is heading! I don’t see 100-95 games, but I Believe we will see more 65- 59 type games . Unfortunately. Not all games, but more BIG12 style games! Rules changes, evolving offenses, evolving athletes at every level of football. The NFL is now saturated with kids that have grown up from peewee all the way to the NFL with wide open offensive systems. And it shows . As a result scoring is up and so are ratings! CFB is benefitting from all the camps and 7on7s resulting in college ready athletes and that is showing in results. I see rules designed for player safety making it easier for offenses, and coaches taking advantage . All that adds to more scoring! I have no idea how we will watch football in 10 years, so I have no idea what direction that is heading ? Will ESPN be around in 2029? We will probably watch with some technology or application that has yet to be invented!!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    That philosophy (all offense) is what happened in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is not what Oklahoma does on offense. They are probably the best team at game planning an offense to exploit defenses weaknesses. Their weakness is defense. If a team could have Oklahoma's offense and Alabama's defense they would do more than threepeat.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Hope I am wrong, but some hybrid combination of the NFL and Arena Football.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    That is not what Oklahoma does on offense. They are probably the best team at game planning an offense to exploit defenses weaknesses. Their weakness is defense. If a team could have Oklahoma's offense and Alabama's defense they would do more than threepeat.
    OU losses 2x and they are the future. Bama loses once in the CG and the dynasty is over

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

I do think officiating P5 games will move to the booth eventually. All you need are 11 cameras. Program cameras to watch for penalties. Throw digital flags on the field. Then human review within 30 secs.

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I do think officiating P5 games will move to the booth eventually. All you need are 11 cameras. Program cameras to watch for penalties. Throw digital flags on the field. Then human review within 30 secs.
    While I am glad for reviews I have come to hate the many game stoppages. It makes me wonder if we should just accept a bad call here and there so the game came be more fluid.

"They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    While I am glad for reviews I have come to hate the many game stoppages. It makes me wonder if we should just accept a bad call here and there so the game came be more fluid.
    I would much rather that they get those calls right.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Probably physically in an airport somewhere, but in Tuscaloosa in spirit

What direction do you see college football heading in the next 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    ...I also expect that I will still be watching this sport until I find myself looking up at the grass.
    (a) I hope we’re all looking down on the grass someday
    (b) if there’s no televised college football, can it really be heaven?

I think it’s inevitable that technology starts to play a bigger part. Things like a small chip in either tip of the ball to determine if the ball actually crossed a laser beam at the goal. It will be considered most valuable when there are a pile of players on a goal line stand. Do I like this: Big fat NO!!!

"They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I would much rather that they get those calls right.
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree B1G, but I respect your position.

-Steely Dan

What direction do you see college football heading in the next 10 years?

Perhaps on a deeper level it’s the sanitation and the “perfection” of the game that I resent. If we continue to dehumanize the sport in the name of making all things right then we might as well watch a bunch of robots play. I’m sorry if I offend some of you but that’s how I feel. But I appreciate other positions that are stated...in the end we are all brother and sister Tide fans here.

Last edited by Tide&True; January 30th, 2019 at 07:13 AM.
    -Steely Dan