Off-Season QB Thread (Tua and the #2) - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Off-Season QB Thread (Tua and the #2)

Quote Originally Posted by XXIII View Post
    Is there is a chance, barring injury, both redshirt? Or does Saban typically like to get 3 guys PT?
    Give 'em each 4 games as mop up duty.....and they can still redshirt
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

So, you don't think you have a QB controversy? Now you do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    So, you don't think you have a QB controversy? Now you do.
    In what way? Tua's the undisputed starter. Only controversy would be if he gets injured. That makes who's #2 relevant.

I thought this thread was about Tua changing numbers to #2 now that Jalen is gone!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Is your use of "your" a way of finally admitting you are an Auburn fan?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The two true freshmen may get a game or two to play in but Mac Jones is going to be the starter.
    Looks like we do have a controversy...

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

only at Alabama is the #2 the least favorite QB on the team and the kid who is skipping his prom the favorite.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Mac will clearly be #2 IMO. Taulia and Paul are not as polished as Tua and not as athletic as Jalen coming in as freshman and I would be surprised if either were to get ahead of Mac this season.

Tyson played in a Gus type offense (his HS coach was a HS QB for Gus) and it is going to take him time to adjust to a different style offense.

Taulia's height creates problems for him throwing from the pocket and he tends to float outside the pocket to make throws or he takes off running (too much IMO). I saw this at Thompson and he did it quite a bit in the Polynesian All-Star game I watched a couple of weeks ago.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Mac will clearly be #2 IMO. Taulia and Paul are not as polished as Tua and not as athletic as Jalen coming in as freshman and I would be surprised if either were to get ahead of Mac this season.

Tyson played in a Gus type offense (his HS coach was a HS QB for Gus) and it is going to take him time to adjust to a different style offense.

Taulia's height creates problems for him throwing from the pocket and he tends to float outside the pocket to make throws or he takes off running (too much IMO). I saw this at Thompson and he did it quite a bit in the Polynesian All-Star game I watched a couple of weeks ago.
    He played? Thought he was rehabing?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    He played? Thought he was rehabing?
    He played. See the link below. Had a very average game and threw two picks. Obviously he was coming off the shoulder injury but he did not look very good in this game.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/01/ho...sian-bowl.html

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    Experience is the key, but don't sleep on the talent. I believe there are schools he could start for in the SEC now, probably more than not. He may not be Tua or Jalen, but he is a good QB who has been in the program for 3 years. We could probably win most games with him.
    That's really what I meant by experience. He hasn't had the opportunity to do a lot in games, but he's out there practicing every day, he's had better coaching than the incoming freshmen, and he understands what is expected in our offense. That counts for a lot and helps offset any disparity in physical talent, if there indeed is any.

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    He played. See the link below. Had a very average game and threw two picks. Obviously he was coming off the shoulder injury but he did not look very good in this game.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/01/ho...sian-bowl.html
    If Taulia is the QB in the near future, we'll see true zone reads, slants, and quick hitter RPOs. He is not Tua. The potential is there, but he's not going to walk onto a practice squad and go 95% like his brother.

Tyson has most of the tools, but his football IQ has been limited by a Malzahn offense. He'll have to pickup reads, etc.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    If Taulia is the QB in the near future, we'll see true zone reads, slants, and quick hitter RPOs. He is not Tua. The potential is there, but he's not going to walk onto a practice squad and go 95% like his brother.

Tyson has most of the tools, but his football IQ has been limited by a Malzahn offense. He'll have to pickup reads, etc.
    Of the two, I think that Paul Tyson is more likely to become your next starter. As you say, he needs time to learn to play the position, but he has the physical ability. We will just have to see how he handles the mental side of the job.