Question: Clemson Defensive Linemen Breathing Oxygen on Bench

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Bama had their DL on the ropes mid-way through the second quarter - the running game was essentially hammering them with body blows - then the play calling got 'cute' with silly misdirections and unnecessary pass plays and the offense faltered, which allowed them to make it to half time / recovery.

A lot of things had to go differently for Bama to win that game, but the offensive play-calling was some of the most head-scratching I've ever seen.
Yeah, except for the pick six, they simply weren't stopping us.

Next time will be completely different!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Believe the bigger issue was the distraction of jobs. It's just too difficult for a coach to do both well.
I'd almost rather coaches who were on their way out just go ahead and leave after the SECCG. That way the remaining staff has a month of dedicated focus to prepare for the game..

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I'd almost rather coaches who were on their way out just go ahead and leave after the SECCG. That way the remaining staff has a month of dedicated focus to prepare for the game..
It wouldn't surprise me to start seeing this. Certainly Coach Saban has seen enough of this and will stop giving these guys the benefit of the doubt with their level of commitment to the team after they except other jobs.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
The play calling had me heading for the 'oxygen', or something to that effect, by mid 3rd quarter as well.

Bama had their DL on the ropes mid-way through the second quarter - the running game was essentially hammering them with body blows - then the play calling got 'cute' with silly misdirections and unnecessary pass plays and the offense faltered, which allowed them to make it to half time / recovery.

A lot of things had to go differently for Bama to win that game, but the offensive play-calling was some of the most head-scratching I've ever seen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.