Link: Well, turtlehead comes out and says it...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t know about making it a federal holiday, but early voting should be available to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Why not a Federal Holiday? Or have it on a Saturday.
Holiday is better - everyone should have the right to vote and it should be made as easy for them to do so as reasonably possible.
This country (Republicans) has done, and still wants to do, the exact opposite.
The more people that vote, the harder the hill Republicans have to climb to win. They don’t want and have never wanted a level playing field, when it comes to elections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Vote on weekends like Europe!
Um pretty some of them vote during the week and it is a national holiday. It's not like someone working jobs to make ends meet doesn't work on weekends. So that doesn't really solve anything.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Um pretty some of them vote during the week and it is a national holiday. It's not like someone working jobs to make ends meet doesn't work on weekends. So that doesn't really solve anything.
It would be a vast improvement, but not a problem-solver like a holiday.
But we have to change everything about the way we vote in this country, so I’m down with even incremental changes at this point. We just have to do something.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
A holiday would be great, but have to make sure somehow that workers who can't take the day off still have the opportunity to vote. Of course, most nurses, doctors, fire fighters, police that I know find a way to vote anyway, but still. The grocery workers and gas station attendants might find it more challenging.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Anybody that works in retail or restaraunt does not get federal holidays. Pretty sure most cable companies still work on holidays. Hospitals do for sure. This proposal to make it a holiday does not help get alot of people time to vote. Honestly they should just make it last several days so if you cannot get off on Tuesday, maybe you can find time on wednesday.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Anybody that works in retail or restaraunt does not get federal holidays. Pretty sure most cable companies still work on holidays. Hospitals do for sure. This proposal to make it a holiday does not help get alot of people time to vote. Honestly they should just make it last several days so if you cannot get off on Tuesday, maybe you can find time on wednesday.
i think that is the best option. the past few years, we have had 2-3 weeks of early voting here in georgia.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
i think that is the best option. the past few years, we have had 2-3 weeks of early voting here in georgia.
FWIW Republicans are trying to reduce early voting, absentee voting in targeted counties across the nation.

A more specific example is your AG that was running for Governor or something was specifically targeting the poorer counties by cleansing the voter roles to make it take longer to vote in those counties.

Georgia Purged About 107,000 People From Voter Rolls: Report

Or changing the early voting period.

‘They Don’t Really Want Us to Vote’: How Republicans Made It Harder

My whole argument is this. If you feel that it isn't hard to vote, then good for you. Your circumstances allow for it to be that way. By exercising your right to vote, you obviously appreciate and believe in the democratic process. To then turn around and not support increasing the accessibility and availability for people to exercise that same right, even if it isn't on the same day, seems duplicitous.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Who is "they"? I don't see that. I know Mitch is a knucklehead. But I don't see Republicans trying to suppress votes. That's totally ridiculous and not so.
Read the post above yours.
Yeah, it’s a real thing happening all across the country where Republicans are in charge.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.