Link: Interesting CFBCG take from Josh Jacobs - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: Link: Interesting CFBCG take from Josh Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    We got beat. Check that. We got the hell beat out of us. Regardless of the "real" reasons. The honorable thing to do is simply tip the cap, give Clemson all the credit in the world and move on. The public excuses, no matter how legit they are, do nothing more than come across as whining. It's not very becoming.
    Sadly, it happens.

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
    So first... I never suggested Clemson is/was a "4 TD better team" last season, nor that the game is indicative of Clemson "taking over". We were that day for sure, but I wouldn't argue that was an anomaly outcome (how we won, not that we won). Was your schedule tougher? Sure... but it wasn't that significantly more difficult and whatever level more difficult it was sure as hell did not contribute to a game played over a month following the regular season.

I think most who post on here (including yourself) are a little to a lot more educated about football than the average fan. Maybe you're a bit too close to the tree to see the forest. But the level of competition in the ACC this particular year absolutely sucked. Whether you want to admit that or not is up to you. I watch waaaaay too much football and I watched my share of ACC games, specifically Clemson's games. Your conference championship had a 7-5 team in it....a 7-5 team. Your conference was pitiful and to even make an attempt to convince otherwise is embarrassing.

That being said, and has been stated several times by posters. The quality or lack thereof of the ACC had nothing to do with the outcome of the title game. The outcome of the title game had everything to do with our staff simply being out prepared, out coached (during the game) and not being able to match the intensity of the opponent. But make no mistake about it. There was not ONE team in ACC that posed a realistic threat to beat Clemson in any game. The same cannot be said about Alabama and it's opponents in the SEC. Even the teams we beat by double digits (aTm, the team that gave y'all everything y'all wanted and then some) had the fire power to beat us.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

It is entirely possible to be both exhausted and out coached - they are not mutually exclusive. And Alabama did not get 4 weeks off - they were back at work after about 10 days. As a distance runner, a 10 day break is not sufficient to adequately recover from a peak performance endurance event before beginning the next training cycle. Alabama had to get back to peak levels in time for the Sooner game, and they did so, but at what cost? Then the players have to repeat that intensity 9 days later against a very rested Clemson team.

So, 3 factors, all of which combined to produce the game that we all witnessed:

Clemson rested vs Alabama much less rested
    Clemson's talent level is close enough that the difference in rest made a difference (would not have matter if Alabama had faced ND there)
    Clemson's game plan was superior

Clemson absolutely earned the win. If points 2 and 3 don't exist, point 1 doesn't matter. But Alabama's schedule made it a lot less likely that they would be able to overcome mistakes. In those conditions Alabama needed to play a perfect game, and that did not happen.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

So first... I never suggested Clemson is/was a "4 TD better team" last season, nor that the game is indicative of Clemson "taking over". We were that day for sure, but I wouldn't argue that was an anomaly outcome (how we won, not that we won). Was your schedule tougher? Sure... but it wasn't that significantly more difficult and whatever level more difficult it was sure as hell did not contribute to a game played over a month following the regular season.
    We played OU in the Miami heat and humidity the week before. You guys played the easiest draw in a dome. Is that the reason we lost? No. Is anyone saying Clemson isn't a worthy champion or got lucky? No. This is mainly Alabama fans trying to parse what went wrong in the game..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    We played OU in the Miami heat and humidity the week before. You guys played the easiest draw in a dome. Is that the reason we lost? No. Is anyone saying Clemson isn't a worthy champion or got lucky? No. This is mainly Alabama fans trying to parse what went wrong in the game..
    The guy comes on an Alabama message board and wants to "discuss" the game but wants the discussion to be limited to "we won. we better". He's not here to "discuss" but over play their win. He needs to go do that somewhere else.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

You guys were favored by at least 2 TD in every game (avg of like 4 TD) and avg winning margin was 30 or so. No doubt the sec championship was tougher than the acc, can not argue that.

That's 1 game they were mentally taxed. Now, if the saban model of how he approaches all games, practices, and "the process" was mentally taxing... I guess, but it's worked really well the past decade.
    your coaching staff has admitted in private that it played a "significant" role...

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It is entirely possible to be both exhausted and out coached - they are not mutually exclusive. And Alabama did not get 4 weeks off - they were back at work after about 10 days. As a distance runner, a 10 day break is not sufficient to adequately recover from a peak performance endurance event before beginning the next training cycle. Alabama had to get back to peak levels in time for the Sooner game, and they did so, but at what cost? Then the players have to repeat that intensity 9 days later against a very rested Clemson team.

So, 3 factors, all of which combined to produce the game that we all witnessed:

Clemson rested vs Alabama much less rested
    Clemson's talent level is close enough that the difference in rest made a difference (would not have matter if Alabama had faced ND there)
    Clemson's game plan was superior

Clemson absolutely earned the win. If points 2 and 3 don't exist, point 1 doesn't matter. But Alabama's schedule made it a lot less likely that they would be able to overcome mistakes. In those conditions Alabama needed to play a perfect game, and that did not happen.
    i've had years where it took me a 2-3 months to fully recover after a 6-7 month stretch of hard races. most of the top ultrarunners i have ever talked with say they are good for maybe 2 top/peak performances each year.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    The guy comes on an Alabama message board and wants to "discuss" the game but wants the discussion to be limited to "we won. we better". He's not here to "discuss" but over play their win. He needs to go do that somewhere else.
    That's what I was trying to say but in a nicer way lol. There's plenty of other threads for Clemson fans to participate in. This may not be the best one especially with that kind of attitude..

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    That's what I was trying to say but in a nicer way lol. There's plenty of other threads for Clemson fans to participate in. This may not be the best one especially with that kind of attitude..
    Yea, I don't really even disagree with him but I just doubt he's going to get what he's looking for here. Or, maybe he is I suppose.

BamaNation Second Team

Not "looking for anything", lol. Well, convo...which some are doing, some think they're more of an authority and know best, all good.

BamaNation All-American

Not "looking for anything", lol. Well, convo...which some are doing, some think they're more of an authority and know best, all good.
    I think you missed the point of what some of us were trying to say.

I think there has been plenty of "convo" material in this thread to fit your fancy, if that's what you're truly looking for. But again, it seems you're looking for a specific flavor of "convo". You and your team have been given congrats and kudos for the win in abundance on this board. Most here have moved on to dissecting what all factors could have contributed to the version of the Tide we saw in the title game and if you're not interested in discussing that, other than saying or implying "Cawse we just better". Then I suggest you show yourself the door or we'll do it for you.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; February 1st, 2019 at 12:28 PM.

BamaNation All-American

The winner in the division opposite your team ended up with a 7-7 record...sorry...that alone speaks to how weak the ACC is.