Link: Interesting CFBCG take from Josh Jacobs

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I still don't think Clemson's OL was that great but Alabama didn't have enough horses in that game to show it. Clemson's DL beat Alabama's OL in every meaningful play it seemed despite getting ran all over between the 20s.

TigerTown

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
I thought Bamabuzzard (one of our moderators) had given you admonishment regarding this discussion. Did you simply forget or choose to ignore it?
For saying that Clemson, for the first time, dominated the Los? I did not see such a "warning".. maybe I missed it though.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The guy comes on an Alabama message board and wants to "discuss" the game but wants the discussion to be limited to "we won. we better". He's not here to "discuss" but over play their win. He needs to go do that somewhere else.
I think there has been plenty of "convo" material in this thread to fit your fancy, if that's what you're truly looking for. But again, it seems you're looking for a specific flavor of "convo". You and your team have been given congrats and kudos for the win in abundance on this board. Most here have moved on to dissecting what all factors could have contributed to the version of the Tide we saw in the title game and if you're not interested in discussing that, other than saying or implying "Cawse we just better". Then I suggest you show yourself the door or we'll do it for you.
For saying that Clemson, for the first time, dominated the Los? I did not see such a "warning".. maybe I missed it though.
Not quite sure how you missed it.

For the last time:

We get it. Your team was better that night. Your team beat Alabama up one side and down the other. You won the LOS. You outcoached. You outplayed. You out intensified. You out-everythinged.

Congratulations. Kudos. Your team deserves every bit of praise it is receiving for what it accomplished.

But this is an Alabama discussion board and we have moved on to what factors may have affected Alabama's team beyond the fact that they played a talented and well-coached team that came to play and played very well - well enough to beat a Saban-coached Alabama team worse than any other and on the biggest stage (there's some more praise for you).

See, Alabama can do nothing about Clemson, but Alabama can learn from any other factors that had an effect on the team and that may help to understand better just why a very talented Alabama team performed so poorly and maybe if the team and coaches in their own self reflection learn something they can also learn how to make changes that will mitigate those factors next time around.

You just want everyone to stop at giving your team praise, but that's not happening.

You want to keep injection your opinion that all that matters is that Clemson was the better team that night, well that ain't happening either and it's not true that that's the only thing that matters.

So, if we are clear then the rest of us will get back to discussing the other factors that may pertain to the game and what might be learned from it.

I suggest that if your intention is continue in the same way you have until now that you bow out of the discussion or you will be shown the door.

I would love it if you had more to offer, like maybe what Clemson learned from their loss the previous year to show that maybe you can relate but I hold little hope for reasonable discussion on these points.

I'd love to be proven wrong and would be OK if you bowed out now knowing that we understand your team was better; just don't keep telling us over and over what we already know.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Giving up 6.1 yards per play is not dominating at the LOS for a Defensive Line. All three of our RBs averaged over 4 ypc. N. Harris (6.6) and D. Harris (5.2) actually shredded your D and Jacobs (4.3) was playing his best ball of the year in the playoffs. Which leads one to question the play calling inside the red zone, which is where Bama experienced complete futility.

As others have stated, Clemson gets all the credit for the win; but . . . coming onto a Bama board spouting off that Clemson's DL dominated reeks of being obnoxious because those who watched the game closely know that this could have been a very close ball game but for a few breaks that went Clemson's way and some suspect playcalling by Bama in the redzone.

Clemson kept the ball for the last ten minutes of the game, yet had fewer first downs that Bama, got two first downs on penalties to keep drives alive and had only 39 more yards of total offense. That's not total domination at the LOS.

There are a handful of plays on O and D that make or break a game for each team and Clemson won every one of those that night. It's why they won. They deserved it. But to say they dominated the line of scrimmage is incorrect, IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Of course Swinney had a different take: "How about Clemson just had the better team?"

Fine. They did on that night. Congratulations.

But that won't fix what went wrong with Alabama, so we'll continue to work on our issues so we are the better team next time.
Saban's comments were about Alabama, not Clemson. Dabo is too whiny for me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Of course Swinney had a different take: "How about Clemson just had the better team?"

Fine. They did on that night. Congratulations.

But that won't fix what went wrong with Alabama, so we'll continue to work on our issues so we are the better team next time.
Another example of why I don’t want Dabo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
“If you lose your humility, it sort of creates that I am above doing things the way I need to do them to to prepare for a game and go play in a game against good competition,” Saban said. “And if I put my own agenda ahead of the team or winning, it’s going to have some effect on my performance. So, if I think those things are existing in the program, I think that they need to be addressed. And they have been.”

Weird that Saban refused to mention the fatigue.

I hope Jacobs has a successful NFL career - I believe he will - but those who succeed in the NFL are virtually always those with both the talent and the self-discipline / self-determination to remain focused on getting better all the time, both in preparation and between the whistles. I'll leave it at that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.