Mizzou Gets One Year Bowl Ban for Tutor Misconduct

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

A former University of Missouri, Columbia, tutor violated NCAA ethical conduct, academic misconduct and academic extra benefits rules when she completed academic work for 12 student-athletes, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.

Although the tutor said she felt pressure to ensure student-athletes passed courses, according to the committee’s report, the investigation did not support that her colleagues directed her to complete the student-athletes’ work.

In its decision, the committee stated, “Simply put, 12 student-athletes did not complete their own work.” It continued that the tutor engaged in the activity despite receiving extensive and comprehensive education on appropriate tutoring practices.
The committee used the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to prescribe the following measures:

• Three years of probation.
  • A 10-year show-cause order for the former tutor. During that period, any NCAA member school employing the tutor must restrict her from any athletically related duties.
  • A 2018-19 postseason ban for the baseball and softball programs.
  • A 2019-20 postseason ban for the football program.
  • A vacation of records in which football, baseball and softball student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the matches impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 45 days of the public decision release.
  • A 5 percent reduction in the amount of scholarships in each of the football, baseball and softball programs during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • Recruiting restrictions for each of the football, baseball and softball programs during the 2019-20 academic year, including:
      • A seven-week ban on unofficial visits.
      • A 12.5 percent reduction in official visits.
      • A seven-week ban on recruiting communications.
      • A seven-week ban on all off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.
      • A 12.5 percent reduction in recruiting-person or evaluation days.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Kelly Bryant made the wrong choice lol
Question is, does he enter the portal again? I don’t know the rules, but is that allowed given The circumstances. Would he have to sit out 2 years? Probably not. But it’s fun talking about it. Auburn?, Arkansas with Morris?
I can’t believe NC pretty much got a pass for years of academic fraud and Mizzou gets a bowl ban for tutorgate!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Oh man, I didn't even think about that. Can he still go somewhere else lol?
Question is, does he enter the portal again? I don’t know the rules, but is that allowed given The circumstances. Would he have to sit out 2 years? Probably not. But it’s fun talking about it. Auburn?, Arkansas with Morris?
I can’t believe NC pretty much got a pass for years of academic fraud and Mizzou gets a bowl ban for tutorgate!
From what I've read since he's already enrolled he'd have to sit out another year if he transfers again..

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Oh they sent a message with North Carolina and $cam Newton. It’s the message that is heard. Now I’m not sure if Missouri can lawyer up and fight this or not.
Wow pretty harsh, looks like the NCAA trying to send a message on this one .

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
NCAA simply cannot decide what is within their purview and what is not.

Bryant can transfer immediately without sitting out.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
NCAA simply cannot decide what is within their purview and what is not.

Bryant can transfer immediately without sitting out.
Where did you read that at? Or is that an assumption based on what happened at Ole Miss where it was decided since Ole Miss was untruthful in their NCAA violations that Patterson was granted immediate eligibility..

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Where did you read that at? Or is that an assumption based on what happened at Ole Miss where it was decided since Ole Miss was untruthful in their NCAA violations that Patterson was granted immediate eligibility..
Any player whose eligibility would end with 2019 (like Bryant) can transfer without sitting out a year. Originally, Patterson was going to have to sit because his eligibility extends past the Mississippi bowl ban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.