Sling tv for bama ball? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Sling tv for bama ball?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    When you login to your AT&T internet account are you able to now see what your data limit is? I have Directv & ATT Fiber Internet so I, too, get unlimited data and cross the 300GB threshold every month.

My (limited) understanding is that you can pay an extra $x to get unlimited. I'm just not sure how much that is w/o calling them. Are you able to see that amount as an add-on now?
    I'm still showing unlimited internet, but I guess that could change once my billing cycle ends.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Sling tv for bama ball?

Just to follow up on this. I switched over from AT&T internet and Direct TV to Google Fiber internet ($50/month) and YouTube TV ($40/month). So far so good. The YTTV interface and responsiveness is a big upgrade over DTV. Quality is about the same. The YTTV DVR is a lot better than DTV. Overall pleased with the change. I'm saving about $50 over my promotion price on DTV which was about to end and I'm saving about $100 over what DTV would have charged me after my promotion ended and they did not offer any discount for me to stay..
    Last edited by CrimsonForce; March 17th, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Just to follow up on this. I switched over from AT&T internet and Direct TV to Google Fiber internet ($50/month) and YouTube TV ($40/month). So far so good. The YTTV interface and responsiveness is a big upgrade over DTV. Quality is about the same. The YTTV DVR is a lot better than DTV. Overall pleased with the change. I'm saving about $50 over my promotion price on DTV which was about to end and I'm saving about $100 over what DTV would have charged me after my promotion ended and they did not offer any discount for me to stay..
    IMO, you made a great decision. Sling is clunky and underwhelming to me. Iíve been on YTTV for over a year and donít feel like Iíve missed a thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just FYI for anyone still considering a move and is using DirecTV currently...I was ready to make the switch and called to confirm that I didn't have any early termination fees. They offered me $55 off per month for 12 months which dropped the price to essentially what I would have been paying for YouTube TV, so I guess I will stay for another year longer before I make the switch, lol. I think they are really starting to feel the pinch with the streaming services taking customers, so they have no choice but to try and compete.
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant - "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself."

Thomas Jefferson - "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaee04 View Post
    Just FYI for anyone still considering a move and is using DirecTV currently...I was ready to make the switch and called to confirm that I didn't have any early termination fees. They offered me $55 off per month for 12 months which dropped the price to essentially what I would have been paying for YouTube TV, so I guess I will stay for another year longer before I make the switch, lol. I think they are really starting to feel the pinch with the streaming services taking customers, so they have no choice but to try and compete.
    Same thing here. I go to quit em and they pull me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    Same thing here. I go to quit em and they pull me back in.
    Dang...i wished that had worked for me. I called to cancel and they said "sorry to see you go". I asked if there were any discounts or interest in keeping me. They said $10 monthly discount....said no thanks, turn mine off.

BamaNation Third Team

Recently added fiber optics to my AT&T sped up my internet so my Roku with Sling works great. I might be the only person in Atlanta that acutally has a antenna and not cable. Why pay for TV when it is free. I get over 75 statuions all in HD so my only add on is Sling for $30.00. Saw where Youtube is significantly raising its rate. Not worth it for me. I get ESPN and SEC so all I need.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker13 View Post
    Recently added fiber optics to my AT&T sped up my internet so my Roku with Sling works great. I might be the only person in Atlanta that acutally has a antenna and not cable. Why pay for TV when it is free. I get over 75 statuions all in HD so my only add on is Sling for $30.00. Saw where Youtube is significantly raising its rate. Not worth it for me. I get ESPN and SEC so all I need.
    Indoor or outdoor antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker13 View Post
    Itís only ďsignificantĒ because itís $10, which was a 25% increase. Still not bad and less than I was paying for cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

For those of you who use YouTubeTV if you pause your service do you still keep paying for it or not?

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaee04 View Post
    I did this for 7 years but this past time they didn't offer me anything to stay. Not sure what triggers in their system IRT whether or not to offer a retention offer. They didn't offer me any discount to keep service so I switched to YTTV.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    It’s only “significant” because it’s $10, which was a 25% increase. Still not bad and less than I was paying for cable.

Right, I have 3 TVs and cable / satellite charges between $5-$10 for each TV. The technology behind YTTV, specifically the DVR, is miles ahead of anything cable offers. Right now YTTV is still a much better value at $50 than anything offered by cable or satellite..

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2u View Post
    For those of you who use YouTubeTV if you pause your service do you still keep paying for it or not?
    You can cancel anytime. Not sure about pausing it, though.

-- Coach Bryant

Yeah Iím not sure either. Website is sort of vague.