Sling tv for bama ball? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: Sling tv for bama ball?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    IF they're in your neighborhood then they may be pre-enrolling. Just make sure they're legit from ATT's contractor.

I do have ATT Fiber 1000 and have had for about 2 years now. Had ATT Uverse before they upgraded our neighborhood. I've really never had a problem in probably 10 years with them. You ask if it's worth it - I would pay double what I pay now if they made me But I'm one who's willing to pay for speed. I also have DirecTV so I get a modest discount on the bundle.*

I typically get 600mbps+ even on bad days. I use Google Wifi inside the house so that I get 100mb+ in every room (I don't have anything connected via ethernet). Totally worth using this or Eero or something like it if you have a house > 1000sf.

Google Fiber was supposed to come in 2 yrs ago (they PROMISED me they would be in our neighborhood when I went to the Google store to verify). However, they did their strategy change about the same time and now focus just on apartments in Smyrna/Vinings. I expect them to take advantage of 5G next year and offer wireless 1-10gbps service in next 3-5 years.

* I called DTV to cut the cord on Thursday last week and successfully did so until they called me back on Friday with an offer I couldn't refuse. I told them they couldn't meet the streaming deal I was moving to and they not only did that they beat it by about 30% for next 12 months. I'll see what happens next June.
    I have ATT and Uverse and like them both...but in 2 years I want you to negotiate my contract. They did drop it by 25%, but it sounds like you did even better.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Sling tv for bama ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    I have ATT and Uverse and like them both...but in 2 years I want you to negotiate my contract. They did drop it by 25%, but it sounds like you did even better.
    I dropped‘em like a rock on Thursday and was waiting until end of week to signup for YouTube.tv. Friday morning DTV retention called me and I told them no way I was interested unless the next thing out of his mouth was he could meet YT.tv ALL INCLUSIVE (equipment, service, fees, AND taxes). He said I will beat it. I said done. I’m awaiting the new bill to confirm before I get too excited

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Good Luck with that. I am thinking about going full antenna for CBS and also just going ESPN+ or something for this rest.

BamaNation Second Team claybamaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Good Luck with that. I am thinking about going full antenna for CBS and also just going ESPN+ or something for this rest.
    What I've seen you can't get the regular cable channels with ESPN+ alone. You still have to have cable or a streaming service.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by claybamaman View Post
    What I've seen you can't get the regular cable channels with ESPN+ alone. You still have to have cable or a streaming service.
    Yeah, I do watch some ESPN streaming though. I’m anxious to see what Disney+ does.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    just wanted to follow up ....

got my combined AT&T (internet + directv) bill today.

totally legit and my directv bill is now 20% (!!!) of what it was previously. Nothing else changed - I still have the same service & equipment.