Sling tv for bama ball? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: Sling tv for bama ball?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    IF they're in your neighborhood then they may be pre-enrolling. Just make sure they're legit from ATT's contractor.

I do have ATT Fiber 1000 and have had for about 2 years now. Had ATT Uverse before they upgraded our neighborhood. I've really never had a problem in probably 10 years with them. You ask if it's worth it - I would pay double what I pay now if they made me But I'm one who's willing to pay for speed. I also have DirecTV so I get a modest discount on the bundle.*

I typically get 600mbps+ even on bad days. I use Google Wifi inside the house so that I get 100mb+ in every room (I don't have anything connected via ethernet). Totally worth using this or Eero or something like it if you have a house > 1000sf.

Google Fiber was supposed to come in 2 yrs ago (they PROMISED me they would be in our neighborhood when I went to the Google store to verify). However, they did their strategy change about the same time and now focus just on apartments in Smyrna/Vinings. I expect them to take advantage of 5G next year and offer wireless 1-10gbps service in next 3-5 years.

* I called DTV to cut the cord on Thursday last week and successfully did so until they called me back on Friday with an offer I couldn't refuse. I told them they couldn't meet the streaming deal I was moving to and they not only did that they beat it by about 30% for next 12 months. I'll see what happens next June.
    I have ATT and Uverse and like them both...but in 2 years I want you to negotiate my contract. They did drop it by 25%, but it sounds like you did even better.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Sling tv for bama ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    I have ATT and Uverse and like them both...but in 2 years I want you to negotiate my contract. They did drop it by 25%, but it sounds like you did even better.
    I droppedĎem like a rock on Thursday and was waiting until end of week to signup for YouTube.tv. Friday morning DTV retention called me and I told them no way I was interested unless the next thing out of his mouth was he could meet YT.tv ALL INCLUSIVE (equipment, service, fees, AND taxes). He said I will beat it. I said done. Iím awaiting the new bill to confirm before I get too excited

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Good Luck with that. I am thinking about going full antenna for CBS and also just going ESPN+ or something for this rest.

BamaNation Second Team claybamaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Good Luck with that. I am thinking about going full antenna for CBS and also just going ESPN+ or something for this rest.
    What I've seen you can't get the regular cable channels with ESPN+ alone. You still have to have cable or a streaming service.

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by claybamaman View Post
    What I've seen you can't get the regular cable channels with ESPN+ alone. You still have to have cable or a streaming service.
    Yeah, I do watch some ESPN streaming though. Iím anxious to see what Disney+ does.

Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    just wanted to follow up ....

got my combined AT&T (internet + directv) bill today.

totally legit and my directv bill is now 20% (!!!) of what it was previously. Nothing else changed - I still have the same service & equipment.

We just cut the cord we had uverse and they would not renegotiate our price in addition to us loosing several of our
    Local channels , oh and they didnt apologize for that or care enough to get us to keep the cable channels so we kept internet so now the big question tide fans any recent feedback on sling? Or something equivalent?
    Last edited by cindym; July 16th, 2019 at 07:54 PM.

Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by cindym View Post
    ...so now the big question tide fans any feedback on sling? Or something equivalent?
    I think the consensus of the reviews I've read and people I've talked to say go with Youtube.tv . You can go to https://suppose.tv , identify the channels you want in your package and it will tell you the best provider(s) to get the channels you want. Note that sometimes you might need to combine, say, youtube + philo or something like that.

I have YouTubeTV, but it is paused until football season starts. No need for me paying for something I don't watch. I'll pause it again January. Seemed very good and very crisp and clear. Good local stations, too. I'm interested if it buffers any when the games come on due to network traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2u View Post
    I have YouTubeTV, but it is paused until football season starts. No need for me paying for something I don't watch. I'll pause it again January. Seemed very good and very crisp and clear. Good local stations, too. I'm interested if it buffers any when the games come on due to network traffic.
    So far I have not had any issues when watching sporting events. We'll see how it goes with college football in less than 45 days...
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American bamagradinATL's Avatar

I dropped AT&T U-Verse and went with DirecTV Now. I was an early adopter of the service and locked in a great rate for the package I received. Initially CBS wasn't included in the local changes, so I purchased CBC All Access for $5.99/month. Of course, I didn't mind spending the extra $6 for CBS since I dropped AT&T U-Verse and its $250 price tag. My DirecTV Now subscription also allows me to stream ESPN.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2u View Post
    I have never had buffering issues with Hulu. As has been stated there is a slight delay (about 5-10 seconds).
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team claybamaman's Avatar

Last year I had Hulu TV for the 1st time during football season. Me and my brother always text after a Bama touchdown when we aren't watching it together. He has Directv through the satellite. He was always about 30 seconds to a minute ahead of me so sometimes I would know it way before it happened. I hope that it isn't as bad as last year on that, but very clear rarely buffers.
    Last edited by claybamaman; July 17th, 2019 at 04:23 PM. Reason: correcting a word