Sling tv for bama ball?

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
For those of you with wifi range problems, I would suggest a powerline extender like the one below (just click to go to Amazon page to learn more). This particular one also extend wife. I use one without wifi to connect appleTV in my living room and a Roku in my upstairs bedroom.

I also use the Google Wifi system to extend wifi throughout the house ...

... speaking of "wifi range problems", I just solved my long time frustrations by purchasing and installing an eero system.

Comparable to the Google WIFI system Brett is using.

Those of you who, like me, are part of the Apple and Sonos environment, will understand what I mean when I say the eero system "just works" :)

... and as I have stated on several of these threads, I am very impressed with YouTubeTV.

Last edited:

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
The Google wifi system works great. I added it not long ago and all the range issues that I had in different areas in the house have been resolved. I have a few months left on my DirecTV contract, but I think I am going to move to YouTube TV when the time comes as well.

For those of you with wifi range problems, I would suggest a powerline extender like the one below (just click to go to Amazon page to learn more). This particular one also extend wife. I use one without wifi to connect appleTV in my living room and a Roku in my upstairs bedroom.

I also use the Google Wifi system to extend wifi throughout the house

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I cancelled U-Verse last week. They didn’t say anything about my internet speed or if my unlimited status would change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you login to your AT&T internet account are you able to now see what your data limit is? I have Directv & ATT Fiber Internet so I, too, get unlimited data and cross the 300GB threshold every month.

My (limited) understanding is that you can pay an extra $x to get unlimited. I'm just not sure how much that is w/o calling them. Are you able to see that amount as an add-on now?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
When you login to your AT&T internet account are you able to now see what your data limit is? I have Directv & ATT Fiber Internet so I, too, get unlimited data and cross the 300GB threshold every month.

My (limited) understanding is that you can pay an extra $x to get unlimited. I'm just not sure how much that is w/o calling them. Are you able to see that amount as an add-on now?
I'm still showing unlimited internet, but I guess that could change once my billing cycle ends.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just to follow up on this. I switched over from AT&T internet and Direct TV to Google Fiber internet ($50/month) and YouTube TV ($40/month). So far so good. The YTTV interface and responsiveness is a big upgrade over DTV. Quality is about the same. The YTTV DVR is a lot better than DTV. Overall pleased with the change. I'm saving about $50 over my promotion price on DTV which was about to end and I'm saving about $100 over what DTV would have charged me after my promotion ended and they did not offer any discount for me to stay..

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Just to follow up on this. I switched over from AT&T internet and Direct TV to Google Fiber internet ($50/month) and YouTube TV ($40/month). So far so good. The YTTV interface and responsiveness is a big upgrade over DTV. Quality is about the same. The YTTV DVR is a lot better than DTV. Overall pleased with the change. I'm saving about $50 over my promotion price on DTV which was about to end and I'm saving about $100 over what DTV would have charged me after my promotion ended and they did not offer any discount for me to stay..
IMO, you made a great decision. Sling is clunky and underwhelming to me. I’ve been on YTTV for over a year and don’t feel like I’ve missed a thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Just FYI for anyone still considering a move and is using DirecTV currently...I was ready to make the switch and called to confirm that I didn't have any early termination fees. They offered me $55 off per month for 12 months which dropped the price to essentially what I would have been paying for YouTube TV, so I guess I will stay for another year longer before I make the switch, lol. I think they are really starting to feel the pinch with the streaming services taking customers, so they have no choice but to try and compete.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Just FYI for anyone still considering a move and is using DirecTV currently...I was ready to make the switch and called to confirm that I didn't have any early termination fees. They offered me $55 off per month for 12 months which dropped the price to essentially what I would have been paying for YouTube TV, so I guess I will stay for another year longer before I make the switch, lol. I think they are really starting to feel the pinch with the streaming services taking customers, so they have no choice but to try and compete.
Same thing here. I go to quit em and they pull me back in.

Tucker13

Feb 13, 2017
Recently added fiber optics to my AT&T sped up my internet so my Roku with Sling works great. I might be the only person in Atlanta that acutally has a antenna and not cable. Why pay for TV when it is free. I get over 75 statuions all in HD so my only add on is Sling for $30.00. Saw where Youtube is significantly raising its rate. Not worth it for me. I get ESPN and SEC so all I need.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Recently added fiber optics to my AT&T sped up my internet so my Roku with Sling works great. I might be the only person in Atlanta that acutally has a antenna and not cable. Why pay for TV when it is free. I get over 75 statuions all in HD so my only add on is Sling for $30.00. Saw where Youtube is significantly raising its rate. Not worth it for me. I get ESPN and SEC so all I need.
Indoor or outdoor antenna?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It’s only “significant” because it’s $10, which was a 25% increase. Still not bad and less than I was paying for cable.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
For those of you who use YouTubeTV if you pause your service do you still keep paying for it or not?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I did this for 7 years but this past time they didn't offer me anything to stay. Not sure what triggers in their system IRT whether or not to offer a retention offer. They didn't offer me any discount to keep service so I switched to YTTV.

It’s only “significant” because it’s $10, which was a 25% increase. Still not bad and less than I was paying for cable.

Right, I have 3 TVs and cable / satellite charges between $5-$10 for each TV. The technology behind YTTV, specifically the DVR, is miles ahead of anything cable offers. Right now YTTV is still a much better value at $50 than anything offered by cable or satellite..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.