Sling tv for bama ball?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have dropped a couple of things. Went to a lower tier on others. All told I have lowered my entertainment bill by one third. I don't miss what I dropped nearly as bad as I thought I would. In fact, not at all.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I had Sling for a couple of months and then changed to Playstation Vue. The price was about the same, but the channel selection was much better. Both are much cheaper than cable, but not as user friendly and reliable. However, I deal with it and save about $100 per month.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
https://www.att.com/internet/fiber.html

Internet fiber 1000 is unlimited data.
Internet 100 & 300 are 1000GB (1TB)

You have to do a LOT of streaming to reach 1TB. :) I have read that the actual limit on the unlimited is 999 TB (1 petabyte).
are you using att? they have been coming around our neighborhood promoting this and i haven't heard if it is worth it or not. we are currently with comcast (only thing available in our neighborhood for years) and i would love to change.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
are you using att? they have been coming around our neighborhood promoting this and i haven't heard if it is worth it or not. we are currently with comcast (only thing available in our neighborhood for years) and i would love to change.
nevermind. thought it was available. It is not. It says my address doesn't exist.

Last edited:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
nevermind. thought it was available. It is not. It says my address doesn't exist.
IF they're in your neighborhood then they may be pre-enrolling. Just make sure they're legit from ATT's contractor.

I do have ATT Fiber 1000 and have had for about 2 years now. Had ATT Uverse before they upgraded our neighborhood. I've really never had a problem in probably 10 years with them. You ask if it's worth it - I would pay double what I pay now if they made me :) But I'm one who's willing to pay for speed. I also have DirecTV so I get a modest discount on the bundle.*

I typically get 600mbps+ even on bad days. I use Google Wifi inside the house so that I get 100mb+ in every room (I don't have anything connected via ethernet). Totally worth using this or Eero or something like it if you have a house > 1000sf.

Google Fiber was supposed to come in 2 yrs ago (they PROMISED me they would be in our neighborhood when I went to the Google store to verify). However, they did their strategy change about the same time and now focus just on apartments in Smyrna/Vinings. I expect them to take advantage of 5G next year and offer wireless 1-10gbps service in next 3-5 years.

* I called DTV to cut the cord on Thursday last week and successfully did so until they called me back on Friday with an offer I couldn't refuse. I told them they couldn't meet the streaming deal I was moving to and they not only did that they beat it by about 30% for next 12 months. I'll see what happens next June.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
IF they're in your neighborhood then they may be pre-enrolling. Just make sure they're legit from ATT's contractor.

I do have ATT Fiber 1000 and have had for about 2 years now. Had ATT Uverse before they upgraded our neighborhood. I've really never had a problem in probably 10 years with them. You ask if it's worth it - I would pay double what I pay now if they made me :) But I'm one who's willing to pay for speed. I also have DirecTV so I get a modest discount on the bundle.*

I typically get 600mbps+ even on bad days. I use Google Wifi inside the house so that I get 100mb+ in every room (I don't have anything connected via ethernet). Totally worth using this or Eero or something like it if you have a house > 1000sf.

Google Fiber was supposed to come in 2 yrs ago (they PROMISED me they would be in our neighborhood when I went to the Google store to verify). However, they did their strategy change about the same time and now focus just on apartments in Smyrna/Vinings. I expect them to take advantage of 5G next year and offer wireless 1-10gbps service in next 3-5 years.

* I called DTV to cut the cord on Thursday last week and successfully did so until they called me back on Friday with an offer I couldn't refuse. I told them they couldn't meet the streaming deal I was moving to and they not only did that they beat it by about 30% for next 12 months. I'll see what happens next June.
I have ATT and Uverse and like them both...but in 2 years I want you to negotiate my contract. They did drop it by 25%, but it sounds like you did even better.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I have ATT and Uverse and like them both...but in 2 years I want you to negotiate my contract. They did drop it by 25%, but it sounds like you did even better.
I dropped‘em like a rock on Thursday and was waiting until end of week to signup for YouTube.tv. Friday morning DTV retention called me and I told them no way I was interested unless the next thing out of his mouth was he could meet YT.tv ALL INCLUSIVE (equipment, service, fees, AND taxes). He said I will beat it. I said done. I’m awaiting the new bill to confirm before I get too excited :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
just wanted to follow up ....

got my combined AT&T (internet + directv) bill today.

totally legit and my directv bill is now 20% (!!!) of what it was previously. Nothing else changed - I still have the same service & equipment.

:party:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
We just cut the cord we had uverse and they would not renegotiate our price in addition to us loosing several of our
Local channels , oh and they didnt apologize for that or care enough to get us to keep the cable channels so we kept internet so now the big question tide fans any recent feedback on sling? Or something equivalent?

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
...so now the big question tide fans any feedback on sling? Or something equivalent?
I think the consensus of the reviews I've read and people I've talked to say go with Youtube.tv . You can go to https://suppose.tv , identify the channels you want in your package and it will tell you the best provider(s) to get the channels you want. Note that sometimes you might need to combine, say, youtube + philo or something like that.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I have YouTubeTV, but it is paused until football season starts. No need for me paying for something I don't watch. I'll pause it again January. Seemed very good and very crisp and clear. Good local stations, too. I'm interested if it buffers any when the games come on due to network traffic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.