Sling tv for bama ball?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Sling tv for bama ball?

Please move if in wrong section but I'm cutting the cord and wondered if any of y'all use sling for bama football and basketball

BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Sling tv for bama ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltidewill92 View Post
    Please move if in wrong section but I'm cutting the cord and wondered if any of y'all use sling for bama football and basketball
    It has been discussed extensively here. I left Sling for YouTube TV which has a significantly better offering in terms of all ESPN and SEC offerings along with network coverage with cloud based DVR and the ability to have others members of the family watch other programming. Others use HULU or other offerings here. I would personally not recommend Sling for Bama/SEC sports.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I had Sling for not even one day, went back to Hulu.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I had Sling for not even one day, went back to Hulu.
    This /\

Tried Sling for the week trial. Did the Hulu Live trial and signed up after. Had to pull up my mobile version during the SEC-CG at someone my sons house using the ESPN App which kept locking up and resetting. I've used it on occasion casting to my TV from my phone.
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

BamaNation First Team

On top of Sling being terrible, and horrible when it comes to service, their customer support is even worse.

When it comes to cutting the cord and cutting cost, there always has to be some sacrifices.

I've gone without cable basically almost all of my adult life, when my then girlfriend and I decided we needed to start saving money.

I've tried Playstation Vue, Sling, and DirectTV Now. Part of this is just being aware of what you're getting. I'd actually rank Sling at the top of the list of those three services, simply because it has a fairly easy to use channel guide (I've found navigating some other streaming services to be tedious), I haven't had any service issues, and oh yeah... the price. But do you want DVR and a bunch of people to use it at once? You should probably look elsewhere.

I notice no one here is talking about price. Hulu live tv is 39.99, Youtube is like 35, right? You can get Sling for $25 a month. Hard for me to justify paying that much more for a moderate upgrade in services. I have an Amazon smart TV anyway, (and an OTA Tivo), so I have something like 64 channels integrated into my TV's guide (a combination of Pluto and OTA) and plenty of programs recorded for me to watch (along with other streaming stuff like Amazon Prime and my $1 a month Hulu commercial plan), I'm good with just streaming ESPN (on Sling) when Alabama is playing. I don't need much else from the plan.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; February 1st, 2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

I started using youtubetv and have been very pleased with it.

Sling was terrible for me, youtubetv has been great, used it all season without a single issue.

BamaNation Second Team

Thanks for not blowing me up Bazza, longtime lurker and occasional poster so I'm still figuring out how to work the site.

BamaNation Second Team foreveratidefan's Avatar

I use sling.. usually sign up in late august and cancel in january. The low cost and ease of getting out/back in has kept me using it.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveratidefan View Post
    I use sling.. usually sign up in late august and cancel in january. The low cost and ease of getting out/back in has kept me using it.
    That's how I use it typically. I think people who expect more of the entire cable TV experience (especially if they invest far more into TV, have a large 4K TV and so on) are not pleased, but for what it is, I'm perfectly happy with it. Why would I pay more when I'm mainly getting it for one reason?

Also, I'd add that services are rapidly changing so it is worthwhile to periodically check and see how one is doing relative to the others.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban