VA Gov - College Year book pics - black face

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
https://www.al.com/news/2019/08/gov...-skit-from-time-at-auburn.html?outputType=amp

I was going to put this in the Alabama thread but thought it would be better to add it onto the same subject.

Apparently Governor Ivey dressed up in blackface for a sorority skit in college. She says she had forgotten about it until a radio interview was unearthed.

I agree it was a long time ago and I don’t think she should have to resign over it. I just hope everyone morally outraged over the Virginia governor feel the same way now. Based on Facebook comments, I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I can’t wait in 40 years or so, when all these young people who get so outraged at this stuff, have careers in public office. That way we can dig up all there offensive tweets and FB post. I’m sure they will resign without question since that is what they demand now.

We have no idea how the winds of time will blow. What seems fine now may be offensive in 40 years. FB and Twitter archives are going to make for some fun elections in the future. They’ll be screaming “I was just a stupid college kid”. All I’ll say is resign, resign, resign.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t want her to resign because I don’t want Will Ainsworth as governor.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don’t want her to resign because I don’t want Will Ainsworth as governor.

I was going to make a joke about maybe George Wallace's daughter could win it next time. I had seen a blip in the news recently about her dissing her father's segregationist views...so I thought I would google her.

Maybe the idea isn't so far out after all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...6/01/17/george-wallace-donald-trump/78942536/

McLEAN, VA — The daughter of the late Alabama Gov. George Wallace came to this Washington, D.C. suburb the day before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to honor King's work, shake her father's segregationist legacy and speak out for voting rights and registration.

Kennedy and her husband, retired Alabama Supreme Court Justice Mark Kennedy, started Empower Alabama to further the goals of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which was signed by President Lyndon Johnson. Johnson's daughter, Lynda Byrd Johnson Robb, led a standing ovation at the Kennedys' talk Sunday.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Serious question, I get that blackface is a big no- no nowadays, but what about black men masks/costumes? For example, if a white kid wanted to trick or treat as Falcon from the Avengers, and the costume had a mask, is that now unacceptable?

Reason I ask, at Walmart the other day, yes unbelievably walmart here already has halloween costumes displayed, you could buy a white chris rogers/Captain America mask, a white chris helmsworth/Thor mask, a green mark ruffalo/hulk mask. Do you think you can buy a black anthony mackie/falcon mask? Nope. Costume just comes with the red tinted goggles. I guess it could have to do with the character's overall popularity as well...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Her dad wouldn’t have put out vicious attacks against an opponent? Has she forgotten the 1970 governor’s race?

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060305/wallace.shtml

I truly believe she is a decent person, but she is full of it when it comes to her dad. I understand she loved him because he was her father, but let’s not pretend he wasn’t a vile human being before he was shot.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.