VA Gov - College Year book pics - black face - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: VA Gov - College Year book pics - black face

If a young male college student in the 1970's dressed as a woman for Halloween and a skit, would that be considered wrong? Asking for a friend.

and now it's TN Governor and Auburn Grad (who knew) Bill Lee's turn

Seems that Bill was a KA in boogerville and as such played fancy dress as a confederate officers for their Old South parties

always used to get a giggle seeing the KA chuckleheads parading around in their confederate regalia.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...rn/2904953002/
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

VA Gov - College Year book pics - black face

https://www.al.com/news/2019/08/gov-...outputType=amp

I was going to put this in the Alabama thread but thought it would be better to add it onto the same subject.

Apparently Governor Ivey dressed up in blackface for a sorority skit in college. She says she had forgotten about it until a radio interview was unearthed.

I agree it was a long time ago and I donít think she should have to resign over it. I just hope everyone morally outraged over the Virginia governor feel the same way now. Based on Facebook comments, I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crimson1967; August 29th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

I canít wait in 40 years or so, when all these young people who get so outraged at this stuff, have careers in public office. That way we can dig up all there offensive tweets and FB post. Iím sure they will resign without question since that is what they demand now.

We have no idea how the winds of time will blow. What seems fine now may be offensive in 40 years. FB and Twitter archives are going to make for some fun elections in the future. Theyíll be screaming ďI was just a stupid college kidĒ. All Iíll say is resign, resign, resign.

I donít want her to resign because I donít want Will Ainsworth as governor.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I donít want her to resign because I donít want Will Ainsworth as governor.

I was going to make a joke about maybe George Wallace's daughter could win it next time. I had seen a blip in the news recently about her dissing her father's segregationist views...so I thought I would google her.

Maybe the idea isn't so far out after all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rump/78942536/

McLEAN, VA ó The daughter of the late Alabama Gov. George Wallace came to this Washington, D.C. suburb the day before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to honor King's work, shake her father's segregationist legacy and speak out for voting rights and registration.

Kennedy and her husband, retired Alabama Supreme Court Justice Mark Kennedy, started Empower Alabama to further the goals of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which was signed by President Lyndon Johnson. Johnson's daughter, Lynda Byrd Johnson Robb, led a standing ovation at the Kennedys' talk Sunday.

BamaNation Second Team

Serious question, I get that blackface is a big no- no nowadays, but what about black men masks/costumes? For example, if a white kid wanted to trick or treat as Falcon from the Avengers, and the costume had a mask, is that now unacceptable?

Reason I ask, at Walmart the other day, yes unbelievably walmart here already has halloween costumes displayed, you could buy a white chris rogers/Captain America mask, a white chris helmsworth/Thor mask, a green mark ruffalo/hulk mask. Do you think you can buy a black anthony mackie/falcon mask? Nope. Costume just comes with the red tinted goggles. I guess it could have to do with the character's overall popularity as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    I was going to make a joke about maybe George Wallace's daughter could win it next time. I had seen a blip in the news recently about her dissing her father's segregationist views...so I thought I would google her.

Maybe the idea isn't so far out after all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rump/78942536/
    There was some thought that Justice Kennedy was going to run this past election. Obviously, he did not do so.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

VA Gov - College Year book pics - black face

Her dad wouldnít have put out vicious attacks against an opponent? Has she forgotten the 1970 governorís race?

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decat.../wallace.shtml

I truly believe she is a decent person, but she is full of it when it comes to her dad. I understand she loved him because he was her father, but letís not pretend he wasnít a vile human being before he was shot.

Last edited by Crimson1967; August 30th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I don’t want her to resign because I don’t want Will Ainsworth as governor.

Dude looks like a guy who date raped girls in college
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!