Game Thread: Pluck the War Eagle! - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Game Thread: Pluck the War Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    So I guess some of y'all are saying there is Jekyl and Hyde at a lot of places and not just at Alabama. Who would have thunk it.
    I don't think that Alabama is a J & H team - they are just fundamentally unsound. And when the opponent turns up their defensive pressure, the poor fundamentals show. Lots of talent, and will probably make the tournament. That is probably going to have to be enough.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I don't think that Alabama is a J & H team - they are just fundamentally unsound. And when the opponent turns up their defensive pressure, the poor fundamentals show. Lots of talent, and will probably make the tournament. That is probably going to have to be enough.
    Endemic to 98.6% of D1 teams, it seems. NC State (still suffering from Gottfraud Deconstruction Syndrome?) scores 24 points vs. Va Tech, IU loses seven in a row (until upending Sparty), 'Gators in steady decline, etc. Real coaching is at a premium these days, but at least - bottom line (for now) - Avery is a real promoter of the program. Just seeing too many undeveloped (and undevelopable?) talents coming through T-town - though still hopeful for him getting some sync, unity, camaraderie, what-have-you in the ranks before it's too late this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TitleWave View Post
    Endemic to 98.6% of D1 teams, it seems. NC State (still suffering from Gottfraud Deconstruction Syndrome?) scores 24 points vs. Va Tech, IU loses seven in a row (until upending Sparty), 'Gators in steady decline, etc. Real coaching is at a premium these days, but at least - bottom line (for now) - Avery is a real promoter of the program. Just seeing too many undeveloped (and undevelopable?) talents coming through T-town - though still hopeful for him getting some sync, unity, camaraderie, what-have-you in the ranks before it's too late this year.
    One huge key to development is your assistant coaching staff and your offseason development program. How much do we really do in our offseason development program. How much developing are our assistants actually doing? Are they developing players or just recruiting. I donít know the answer, Iím legitimately asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ICYMI: three top 15 teams lost last night - Michigan State (away), Marquette (home), and Kansas (away).

Michigan State lost to Illinois, who entered the game 7-15.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    ICYMI: three top 15 teams lost last night - Michigan State (away), Marquette (home), and Kansas (away).

Michigan State lost to Illinois, who entered the game 7-15.
    The MSU coaching staff obviously sucks and they are not well coached. Guessing Izzo will be lucky to be coaching next year .