Game Thread: Pluck the War Eagle! - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Game Thread: Pluck the War Eagle!

Same ole story- another Bama/Avery meltdown in Lee County. Happens every year. 21 turnovers. And Sweat Hog Pearl gets to be an obnoxious cheerleader.

BamaNation First Team

Officials had very little to do with this effort. 21 turnovers and horrible defense along with same old baffling sub patterns had much more to do with it than the zebras.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Must be nice to get such good home cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ptw1961 View Post
    Officials had very little to do with this effort. 21 turnovers and horrible defense along with same old baffling sub patterns had much more to do with it than the zebras.
    Home cooking is a very real phenomenon in CBB, unless you’re a blue blood like Duke or UK. A lot of those turnovers, especially early, were because the refs were “letting them play.” And whe we’re that hot from 3, there’s not much defending us.

I stand by what I’ve been saying. Bama will be very likely to even the series in Coleman here soon.
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Trying not to overreact after that one. We got blown out last year and wound up winning the other two. When you're looking at turnovers, look no further than Ingram and Jones. Either limit their minutes or don't give them the ball on the perimeter. Give it to them on postups or cuts to basket. The five I feel most comfortable with on the floor.....Lewis, Petty, Norris, Hall, and ????I'm not sure, maybe Mack.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Something I've noticed is we can't or don't or won't recruit big athletic players. We have small slashers and dashers and even our big men are either limited athletically or small in girth. They get pushed around. A lot. And until the body types change that physical component will be lacking in games like this. I don't know if Avery has a sweet spot in his heart for the smaller guys like himself, but it's hurting this team to not have some physical stature.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Home cooking is a very real phenomenon in CBB, unless you’re a blue blood like Duke or UK. A lot of those turnovers, especially early, were because the refs were “letting them play.” And whe we’re that hot from 3, there’s not much defending us.

I stand by what I’ve been saying. Bama will be very likely to even the series in Coleman here soon.
    Stand by what I said earlier - takes a few plays for the crowd to get into the game. Once they do, it's over. Those early turnovers from "letting them play" were those plays last night.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Something I've noticed is we can't or don't or won't recruit big athletic players. We have small slashers and dashers and even our big men are either limited athletically or small in girth. They get pushed around. A lot. And until the body types change that physical component will be lacking in games like this. I don't know if Avery has a sweet spot in his heart for the smaller guys like himself, but it's hurting this team to not have some physical stature.
    Height-wise, Alabama is one of the bigger teams in the conference (possibly the nation).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    This is beyond nauseating..
    Absolutely! Instead of us plucking them, they flogged us! I got sick and turned off after sitting through the "Kick 6 and Gus Malzahn Love in Segment" that seemed to last most of the first half.
    What a bummer!
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

In CBB, you have to be able to ignore these types of losses, especially on the road. Hopefully you will bounce back.

More concerning is the continuation of the same types of physical and mental errors. This is just a fundamentally flawed team.

It is the fight in the dog and not the dog in the fight. Intensity and the will to win are not present with this Bama team.

A good example of this mindset was the LSU-Arkansas game just prior to the Bama game.

LSU was down by 18 in the second half but fought through it and had a chance to win. Arkansas never quit and held on to win even with 2 starters fouled out.

Assert yourself BAMA! Too timid and lacksodaisical. When are you going to fire up and play ball??
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

i hate that team. Truly. Pearl is horrible for basketball. Glad he found a home in that cesspool.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Can’t help but think we’re on the cusp of hitting our stride. LSU next Saturday will be very telling.
    Your stride is in your gym.

Giddens is supposed to be a bruiser. Smith ain’t tiny. Reese is more of a slow 3 than inside guy. Dazon is thick too.

The weight room does need some visits though. I agree there

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Your stride is in your gym.
    That's not untrue. LSU on the road next Saturday will be a good indicator of whether or not we're peaking.
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!