Mel Kiper's top running backs in the draft - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mel Kiper's top running backs in the draft

Just saw NFL.com has a new 3-round mock draft out... Interestingly, they have Josh Jacobs being drafted #5 overall. I've never put much faith in NFL.com's mock drafts though.

Bama with 3 - 1st round picks (Q, Jacobs & Jonah), 2 - 2nd round picks (Irv, M.Wilson), and 2 - 3rd round picks (D.Harris, Thompson)
    Rammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

I just don’t see jj in the the top 15. I think he will either be a latter half 1st rounder or early 2nd. He just doesn’t have that Barkley or Peterson Rock Star pick feel imo.

As for DH I think it goes back to what some of the guys on NFLN said in that “ RBs who get 2nd or 3rd round draft ratings as juniors need to come out now instead of coming back for your senior year”. RBs don’t last long in the NFL and their time to play is very limited

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I just don’t see jj in the the top 15. I think he will either be a latter half 1st rounder or early 2nd. He just doesn’t have that Barkley or Peterson Rock Star pick feel imo.

As for DH I think it goes back to what some of the guys on NFLN said in that “ RBs who get 2nd or 3rd round draft ratings as juniors need to come out now instead of coming back for your senior year”. RBs don’t last long in the NFL and their time to play is very limited
    TBH, Damien's workload at Bama his senior year was probably less than it would have been in his rookie year in the NFL if he had left last year.