Mel Kiper's top running backs in the draft

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Re: Mel Kiper's top running backs in the draft .

Not surprised. The NFL looks for a different set of skills than alot of college football fans and even NFL fans do. They want great blockers. Check for Jacobs and Harris. They want guys that can catch out of the backfield. Double check again. They want guys that don't put the ball on the ground. Double check for the third time. They want guys that run hard. Double check for the fourth time. Actually give Jacobs two checks for this one as a bonus. A good description of him is he simply runs angry. The running part is a huge thing for the NFL naturally, but without the others you can't function in an NFL offense. I think Jacobs is going to be a really good NFL player. If you play fantasy he would be worth a middle round pick this year. Especially if he goes to a team with an above average to great QB. That guy on a wheel route out of the backfield is money.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Hard for anyone to argue with those choices. Josh Jacobs will probably be one of Alabama's most successful backs in the NFL in a long time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Jacobs will be a top NFL Running Back.
I saw more strength, and NO QUIT, out of Jacobs than any other RB.
He is the 'Energizer Bunny' of Running Backs.
He keeps on keeping on.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Everybody including us are all talking about Josh and deservedly so but Damien is going to be a very good RB in the NFL for many years also.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Everybody including us are all talking about Josh and deservedly so but Damien is going to be a very good RB in the NFL for many years also.
Agreed. Don't think he'll be a flashy RB but he should be a very solid one for a long time.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Love both Damien and Josh. I've seen lots of interviews with Damien and he has always been a fantastic representative of Bama. Seems to be very fine young man. Excellent running back, too. If Bama wasn't loaded at RB he'd be more widely recognized for how good he is. I haven't heard Josh nearly as much, but he seems to be s fine person, also. Also, has great skills and determination.

I can't wait to see how both progress in the NFL.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I wish them both well as they move on to the NFL. Not sure how high in the draft they will go but they both should make solid players for the teams that draft them. Personally, I am looking at late 1st round or 2nd round for Jacobs and Harris going 2nd or 3rd round.

DWiser

1st Team
Sep 21, 2003
Columbus, MS
Just saw NFL.com has a new 3-round mock draft out... Interestingly, they have Josh Jacobs being drafted #5 overall. I've never put much faith in NFL.com's mock drafts though.

Bama with 3 - 1st round picks (Q, Jacobs & Jonah), 2 - 2nd round picks (Irv, M.Wilson), and 2 - 3rd round picks (D.Harris, Thompson)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just don’t see jj in the the top 15. I think he will either be a latter half 1st rounder or early 2nd. He just doesn’t have that Barkley or Peterson Rock Star pick feel imo.

As for DH I think it goes back to what some of the guys on NFLN said in that “ RBs who get 2nd or 3rd round draft ratings as juniors need to come out now instead of coming back for your senior year”. RBs don’t last long in the NFL and their time to play is very limited

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just don’t see jj in the the top 15. I think he will either be a latter half 1st rounder or early 2nd. He just doesn’t have that Barkley or Peterson Rock Star pick feel imo.

As for DH I think it goes back to what some of the guys on NFLN said in that “ RBs who get 2nd or 3rd round draft ratings as juniors need to come out now instead of coming back for your senior year”. RBs don’t last long in the NFL and their time to play is very limited
TBH, Damien's workload at Bama his senior year was probably less than it would have been in his rookie year in the NFL if he had left last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.