Game Thread: SUPER BOWL LIII - Sunday, Feb. IIIrd. V:XXX P.M. CT. CBS.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I didn’t care who won. I hated the Pats this year because of their “nobody believes in us”. It reminded me of clempson. It just wasn’t true. No one who watches football was seriously doubting the Pats. I hate the Rams too. I hate that LA whined and complained so much about not having a team that now they have 2. Now keep in mind the NFL left LA because no one was going to the games. Basically, LA only cared about an NFL team when they didn’t have a team. I predict eventually these new LA teams will start to have mediocre years and no one will care again. I found it amusing that in a year where offenses ruled the NFL, it was defenses that ruled the most important NFL game. Sorry aints fans you don’t get to play Uncle Rico and say “we’d won if Goodell had just put us in.”
I think it is funny that the Patriots basically used an idiot (Rob Parker) who does nothing but bash the Patriots and one Vegas line vs the Chiefs on the road and turns it into as “nobody believes in us”.

LA having 2 teams is just dumb. I get NY having two but LA has never been a city that screams “we need two”. I get them getting the Rams, but I hope the Chargers go through 7 hells for jobbing over SD.

On a side note it will be weird saying “The Las Vegas Raiders” in the coming years.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The Saints might have been better against the run but not the pass. The Saints were torched by good passing teams all year. Brady probably would’ve had another 500 yard SB vs the Saints defense. Between the Saints- Rams you are really picking what kinda game Brady is going to have. The Rams defensive line (especially the interior) is far superior to the Saints, and that is the type of matchup that frustrates Brady the most.

I think Shannon said it best, what people don’t realize is that Drew Brees’s body hit 40 vs Dallas but Brady’s body has yet to hit 40. I just don’t think Brees is the same guy that was lighting everyone up early in the season. You have to figure Belichick would’ve taken away the run and would’ve forced Brees to beat him. Yeah I think Brees’s experience would’ve equaled more points, but at some point you have to realize the Patriots defense has shut down 3 top 10 offenses in a row with quarterbacks with similar to better production than Brees.

Point is whoever won the AFC championship game was probably going to win the super bowl by 2 scores. The NFC’s best chance was a Rams-Chiefs Super bowl but that’s a track meet.
We’ll disagree. Let’s leave it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If we had beaten Clemson 13-3 everyone on here would have been saying what a great game it was and how college football is “real” football because they play defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Defense wins championships...somebody once said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
My issue with the game last night was that I couldn’t believe these were the two best teams in football. Neither offense played well.

At at least in the 55-10 game we were left with a championship team that had played well.

The Titans would have beaten the Pats last night. It was just a poorly played game. Lots of defenses would have looked good against these offenses.
I get what you are saying, but the Rams had the 7th best offense in the history of the NFL! The Patriots had a really good game plan, and stuck with it. The biggest surprise to me, was the Patriots won in the trenches! No matter what Romo said, Brady had time to throw! The only sack of the game, Brady held the ball too long danced in the pocket and got sacked! Plus they ran the ball for 154 yards, which is huge in the NFL! On defense, the Patriots banged Goff all night, the hits took a toll after a while. And they couldn’t run the ball effectively. Great game plan! Last year, Brady was great and they lost, this year the team was great, Brady was great when he needed to be and they won!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
America the beautiful was excellent. I am not familiar with those sisters but they are both excellent and whoever arranged that song did a stellar job.

Gladys Knight is my all time favorite female singer. I love the syrupy quality of her voice, great vocal range, and command of her voice. And not that it matters but she is 74 tears old and still has world class chops.

America the Beautiful is just a way better song than the National Anthem.
I liked both America the Beautiful and National Anthem performances. Gladys Knight did great even though there was no movement from the color guard behind her...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I didn’t care who won. I hated the Pats this year because of their “nobody believes in us”. It reminded me of clempson. It just wasn’t true. No one who watches football was seriously doubting the Pats. I hate the Rams too. I hate that LA whined and complained so much about not having a team that now they have 2. Now keep in mind the NFL left LA because no one was going to the games. Basically, LA only cared about an NFL team when they didn’t have a team. I predict eventually these new LA teams will start to have mediocre years and no one will care again. I found it amusing that in a year where offenses ruled the NFL, it was defenses that ruled the most important NFL game. Sorry aints fans you don’t get to play Uncle Rico and say “we’d won if Goodell had just put us in.”
I heard several NFL talking heads write off the Patriots earlier in the year, saying this years team just feels different. Brady is a little off. As a Pats fan, I thought they would right the ship. Acquiring Josh Gordon was huge! Losing Josh Gordon for the rest of the year was huge also. This Patriotbteam would be different with a legit downfield threat. Chris Hogan doesn’t scare anyone!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I heard several NFL talking heads write off the Patriots earlier in the year, saying this years team just feels different. Brady is a little off. As a Pats fan, I thought they would right the ship. Acquiring Josh Gordon was huge! Losing Josh Gordon for the rest of the year was huge also. This Patriotbteam would be different with a legit downfield threat. Chris Hogan doesn’t scare anyone!
I think people just don’t realize how big losing Gordon actually was. This is the 1st SB Brady has won without a credible deep threat.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
If we had beaten Clemson 13-3 everyone on here would have been saying what a great game it was and how college football is “real” football because they play defense.

The point isn’t how few points are scored, but why. If QBs can’t make throws because they are hit or pressured or receivers are covered with blankets, that’s good defense. Yesterday to me was primarily a display of poor QB play. Neither Brady nor Goff threw many receivers open, the beaut to Gronk to set up the Pats’ TD being the only exception I can conjure offhand. Brady wasn’t his usual self. Goff was horrific.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Defense wins championships...somebody once said. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup! Just got in from visiting a buddy from Wisconsin who's down for a few weeks. We started talking about the game and that's the first thing he said....defense wins championships.

We both enjoyed the game and didn't think it was boring at all.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Yup! Just got in from visiting a buddy from Wisconsin who's down for a few weeks. We started talking about the game and that's the first thing he said....defense wins championships.

We both enjoyed the game and didn't think it was boring at all.
It was only boring to those who really don't understand football...a great defensive game plan by both teams...violent chess game won by the master player.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Anyone seen or heard from Selma, lately?

I know there's life outside Tide Fans, but he always seemed to like posting on any pro football threads we've had.

We miss you Selma! Hope you are OK.....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Brady was his usual self. It's mostly dink and dunk stuff or longer passes to WIDE open guys. That's been his game for years now.
He wasn't quite his usual self. 21-35 for 262 yds, 0 TD's and 1 Int, passer rating of 78.2 is not typical Brady but it was enough in this game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Brady was his usual self. It's mostly dink and dunk stuff or longer passes to WIDE open guys. That's been his game for years now.
Uhh no he wasn’t his usual self, and it was obvious. Whether or not his game was dink and dunk it’s hard to say him playing his worst super bowl performance since 2001 is usual.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Sorry if this was already posted. Recent NCAA and Super Bowl winners:

2012 - Alabama Yes, Patriots No
2014 - Alabama No, Patriots Yes
2015 - Alabama Yes, Patriots No
2016 - Alabama No, Patriots Yes
2017 - Alabama Yes, Patriots No
2018 - Alabama No, Patriots Yes

2019 is looking good for us :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.