Game Thread: SUPER BOWL LIII - Sunday, Feb. IIIrd. V:XXX P.M. CT. CBS.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Uhh no he wasn’t his usual self, and it was obvious. Whether or not his game was dink and dunk it’s hard to say him playing his worst super bowl performance since 2001 is usual.
He played poorly in the AFC title game and the Super Bowl. He's been below average in a lot of his team's games in the past few years but has been bailed out by a great defense and good receivers.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sorry if this was already posted. Recent NCAA and Super Bowl winners:

2012 - Alabama Yes, Patriots No
2014 - Alabama No, Patriots Yes
2015 - Alabama Yes, Patriots No
2016 - Alabama No, Patriots Yes
2017 - Alabama Yes, Patriots No
2018 - Alabama No, Patriots Yes

2019 is looking good for us :cool:
and not so good for the Pats. Now if we can just convince Drake to be a clempson fan, we are set.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
and not so good for the Pats. Now if we can just convince Drake to be a clempson fan, we are set.
Drake wore a jacket with each NFC and AFC team in the conference championship games. Both the NFC and AFC championship games went into overtime for the first time ever. That curse is real..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He played poorly in the AFC title game and the Super Bowl. He's been below average in a lot of his team's games in the past few years but has been bailed out by a great defense and good receivers.
I think you just hate Brady it just don’t understand the idea of keeping the ball away from a great offense because this is one of the worst hot takes I’v heard. Especially after last year’s SB in which Brady broke a SB record for passing yards and that great defense choked.

Yeah I’ll give you the SB this year, but the AFCCG he played pretty good. Is he what he was last year? No, but he isn’t this below average qb you believe.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He wasn't quite his usual self. 21-35 for 262 yds, 0 TD's and 1 Int, passer rating of 78.2 is not typical Brady but it was enough in this game.
Like Manning with Denver, his team won because they had the better defense. It is a crime that an offensive player won the MVP award

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Like Manning with Denver, his team won because they had the better defense. It is a crime that an offensive player won the MVP award
I was surprised when it wasn't a defensive player. I heard Hightower's name more than I heard Edelman's and he wasn't even the MVP of the defense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Had Hightower made that pick then he would’ve got it. The issue was probably Gilmore played just of an impressive game as Hightower. I think edleman was the path of least resistance.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Had Hightower made that pick then he would’ve got it. The issue was probably Gilmore played just of an impressive game as Hightower. I think edleman was the path of least resistance.
I would have preferred they gave it to Gilmore than Edelman. A bunch of yards that amounted to nothing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would have preferred they gave it to Gilmore than Edelman. A bunch of yards that amounted to nothing.
I think Gronk had more of an overall impact on the game than Edelman, but if you gave it to Gronk you might as well given it to Brady. Like I said Edelman was the path of least resistance in the voting since he had a ton of great stats. Personally I would’ve been in favor of a dual mvp like there was with the Cowboys that one year and gave it to Hightower and Gilmore.

But he isn’t the most egregious SB MVP of all time. I think that belongs to Eli (SB 42), Dion Branch, and Santonio Holmes ( should have been James Harrison)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think Gronk had more of an overall impact on the game than Edelman, but if you gave it to Gronk you might as well given it to Brady. Like I said Edelman was the path of least resistance in the voting since he had a ton of great stats. Personally I would’ve been in favor of a dual mvp like there was with the Cowboys that one year and gave it to Hightower and Gilmore.

But he isn’t the most egregious SB MVP of all time. I think that belongs to Eli (SB 42), Dion Branch, and Santonio Holmes ( should have been James Harrison)
Definitely not. Just seems like an injustice to give it to an offensive player in that kind of game. There are probably even a few more that are worse too.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Definitely not. Just seems like an injustice to give it to an offensive player in that kind of game. There are probably even a few more that are worse too.
Agreed, and it’s why Eli shouldn’t have won it on that 1st time when Strahan and Tuck almost single handily won that game by themselves. It should’ve gone to the defense or the punter (sorta a joke but that dude was awesome as well).

There are a few more than the ones that I didn’t list but they are not as clear cut. Some of Tom Brady’s MVPs are questionable (36) being the most controversial ( maybe 51 but how do you give it to White or Edelman when we’ve seen quarterbacks like Manning and Elway get boat raced by similar deficits) but then again Branch shouldn’t have won it over him so I guess that makes up for it. I think Jerry Rice is a questionable one because the game was ultimately decided by Joe Montana to John Taylor, but it’s hard to deny a 215 yard receiving performance. Elway was another one when Rod Smith clearly was better that day, but they wanted to send off Elway in style.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I kept thinking the whole game Edelman is going to be the MVP. Frankly, he was the only thing working on offense for either team. But then, Gronk probably made the two biggest offensive plays all night, especially the one that finally put New England in scoring position. Michel had a very effective game as well.

I agree, a defender deserved it. But we all know how the media is with stats.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I kept thinking the whole game Edelman is going to be the MVP. Frankly, he was the only thing working on offense for either team. But then, Gronk probably made the two biggest offensive plays all night, especially the one that finally put New England in scoring position. Michel had a very effective game as well.

I agree, a defender deserved it. But we all know how the media is with stats.
Well they used to have the fan vote as a more significant percentage but after they kept giving to the quarterback exclusively almost every time they kinda started walking that back to what it is today. Eli won the MVP on a 40% fan vote while the media tried to give it to Tuck. I think that single MVP proves fans can be just as dumb at how they vote as well.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well they used to have the fan vote as a more significant percentage but after they kept giving to the quarterback exclusively almost every time they kinda started walking that back to what it is today. Eli won the MVP on a 40% fan vote while the media tried to give it to Tuck. I think that single MVP proves fans can be just as dumb at how they vote as well.
Yeah you're definitely right about that. I think back to all the clamor to give McAfferey the Heisman over Henry, Murray winning it over Tua, and even folks saying Toby Gerhart deserved it over Mark Ingram.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He played even worse in the AFCCG. He had 1 TD and 2 (3 really) INTS in that game.
No...he had TWO REALLY.... 1 his fault and the other Edleman’s Fault. The other doesn’t count despite how much you and the rest of the country wants it to.

Remind me how many 3rd and longs he converted, yards he had, and late game heroics he had.

Only you, Rob Parker, and disgruntled Patriots haters believe that performance was horrible and try to say a Non play counts.

Edit: FIFY because I knew what you meant... unless you believe 3 (really 4) TDs is worse than his SB performance...lol thanks day-day

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.