Game Thread: SUPER BOWL LIII - Sunday, Feb. IIIrd. V:XXX P.M. CT. CBS.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am glad the Patriots won! As Alabama fans, you have to appreciate what they have done over the years. A little ironic when I see Alabama fans on twitter being tired of the Patriots winning all the time.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I wouldn't go that far. People thought Montana was the greatest of all time at one point. You never know what can happen. The next great one might nit be playing yet
Now that you said that I agree. Brady is the best so far. Been fortunate with few injuries. But he’s still dang good.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I am glad the Patriots won! As Alabama fans, you have to appreciate what they have done over the years. A little ironic when I see Alabama fans on twitter being tired of the Patriots winning all the time.
Yeah I don't get it either....

I'm a Broncos fan but when they are out of contention I have no problem enjoying the Patriots success.

I don't get people trying to downplay Tom Brady's greatness either....

He's the Michael Jordan/Wayne Gretzky of the NFL and we have all been lucky to see him play.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
As I watched the Super Bowl my mind began to wander.
Great Defensive game by both teams.

Ask yourself:
Would this game be much different if the Saints were playing the Pats?

Would College Football be that different if it was played under NFL rules?
Which College teams would benefit the most from playing under the NFL rules?
IMO: Alabama and Clemson would still be on top.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As I watched the Super Bowl my mind began to wander.
Great Defensive game by both teams.

Ask yourself:
Would this game be much different if the Saints were playing the Pats?

Would College Football be that different if it was played under NFL rules?
Which College teams would benefit the most from playing under the NFL rules?
IMO: Alabama and Clemson would still be on top.
The Saints would’ve made it a higher scoring game, but I think the result would’ve probably be the same ( Pats winning by double digits). While Brady didn’t have a great game, Brees the last 5 games has showed his age far more than Brady. I think Belichick would’ve shut down Ingram-Karma and force an aging Brees to win to which I don’t see it happening, and I don’t see New Orleans stopping the Pats. I would say 31-17 Pats.

FWIW we were probably in for a bad super Bowl to begin with but LA probably had the best shot but the moment was too big for Goff.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.