Game Thread: SUPER BOWL LIII - Sunday, Feb. IIIrd. V:XXX P.M. CT. CBS.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I think its time for Bill, Tom and Rob to ride off into the sunset. There is nothing left to accomplished for these three. Between NE and GSW, they have taken the joy out of pro sports.

WWE's Halftime Heat was miles better and more enjoyable than this Super Bowl.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think its time for Bill, Tom and Rob to ride off into the sunset. There is nothing left to accomplished for these three. Between NE and GSW, they have taken the joy out of pro sports.

WWE's Halftime Heat was miles better and more enjoyable than this Super Bowl.
So does Nick Saban take the joy out of College football? Yeah I guess if I was a LSU, UGA, or Auburn fan.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I was outraged at first as well, but calls happen and the Saints had a chance to win after the call.After that play, The line Judge said the pass was tipped at the line, which would negate a PI call .
Does that negate the helmet to helmet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The Saints would’ve made it a higher scoring game, but I think the result would’ve probably be the same ( Pats winning by double digits). While Brady didn’t have a great game, Brees the last 5 games has showed his age far more than Brady. I think Belichick would’ve shut down Ingram-Karma and force an aging Brees to win to which I don’t see it happening, and I don’t see New Orleans stopping the Pats. I would say 31-17 Pats.

FWIW we were probably in for a bad super Bowl to begin with but LA probably had the best shot but the moment was too big for Goff.
We’ll disagree on that one. Saints might have lost, but the Saints defense >Rams defense (especially rush defense) and the experience of Brees would have negated Goff’s misreads (play where Everett was open could have been TD - I don’t think Brees misses that one.)
Goff literally did what someone said he would before the game. I don’t think Brees would have. JMO.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we had beaten Clemson 13-3 everyone on here would have been saying what a great game it was and how college football is “real” football because they play defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We’ll disagree on that one. Saints might have lost, but the Saints defense >Rams defense (especially rush defense) and the experience of Brees would have negated Goff’s misreads (play where Everett was open could have been TD - I don’t think Brees misses that one.)
Goff literally did what someone said he would before the game. I don’t think Brees would have. JMO.

The Saints might have been better against the run but not the pass. The Saints were torched by good passing teams all year. Brady probably would’ve had another 500 yard SB vs the Saints defense. Between the Saints- Rams you are really picking what kinda game Brady is going to have. The Rams defensive line (especially the interior) is far superior to the Saints, and that is the type of matchup that frustrates Brady the most.

I think Shannon said it best, what people don’t realize is that Drew Brees’s body hit 40 vs Dallas but Brady’s body has yet to hit 40. I just don’t think Brees is the same guy that was lighting everyone up early in the season. You have to figure Belichick would’ve taken away the run and would’ve forced Brees to beat him. Yeah I think Brees’s experience would’ve equaled more points, but at some point you have to realize the Patriots defense has shut down 3 top 10 offenses in a row with quarterbacks with similar to better production than Brees.

Point is whoever won the AFC championship game was probably going to win the super bowl by 2 scores. The NFC’s best chance was a Rams-Chiefs Super bowl but that’s a track meet.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If we had beaten Clemson 13-3 everyone on here would have been saying what a great game it was and how college football is “real” football because they play defense.

No because there are far less people who watch the NCG compared to the SB ;)

But on a more serious note, I don’t know many that were happy the defenses dominated the game. But to me personally this game is not as bad as 33,37,41, 48, and 50. All those games were either just way boring slug fests or blowouts. I’ve heard the 80’s sbs were worse

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Anyone who watch the Super Bowl and thought it was "boring", did not live thru the 80's. Try watching a 55-10 Super Bowl the whole way through.
I’ve heard 3 of the 5 49ers SBs were some of the worst, and pretty much all but a few of the Broncos and Bills games were bad.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Anyone who watch the Super Bowl and thought it was "boring", did not live thru the 80's. Try watching a 55-10 Super Bowl the whole way through.
They can both be boring. And I can enjoy a defensive battle but last night's game felt different than that to me. It seemed as much bad play calling & miscues than a true defensive chess match.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They can both be boring. And I can enjoy a defensive battle but last night's game felt different than that to me. It seemed as much bad play calling & miscues than a true defensive chess match.
Yep. That wasn't an exciting game. I'm all for defense, but that wasn't just just stellar defense throughout showing up great offenses.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I agree, we're all Alabama fans here :D

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Give me BOTH Pats vs Rams SB games over the Broncos- Falcons, Raiders-Bucs, Ravens- Giants, and Seahawks- Broncos.

I think New England was playing clock and could’ve scored a little more had they wanted to maybe like a 24-3 type game. But New England totally dominated LA’s offense. The stage was way too big for Goff.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sorry NFL but you'll never beat this one......

Well, he's one of the best ever at a live performance. High bar.

Seriously though, I feel like the NFL missed an opportunity by not just making this an ATL music scene takeover. Throw enough money on the table to get an Outkast reunion and sprinkle in the rest with locals or those associated with locals. Personally I think the political climate made that too hard of an ask for these risk-adverse NFL owners. The NFL has gotten off their boomer rock kick after Janet's wardrobe malfunction and now they mostly just pick a pop artist about 5-10 years after they should've had them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, he's one of the best ever at a live performance. High bar.

Seriously though, I feel like the NFL missed an opportunity by not just making this an ATL music scene takeover. Throw enough money on the table to get an Outkast reunion and sprinkle in the rest with locals or those associated with locals. Personally I think the political climate made that too hard of an ask for these risk-adverse NFL owners. The NFL has gotten off their boomer rock kick after Janet's wardrobe malfunction and now they mostly just pick a pop artist about 5-10 years after they should've had them.
They had Rihanna and Cardi B originally but they.... didn’t agree with a certain issue (just to avoid NS topic). The Maroon 5 deal was done in the WC round because they couldn’t find anyone else. The artists that do the halftime show are basically doing it for free so finding someone to come to Atlanta on a months notice with very little pay is pretty difficult. The SB might try to find an act before the trade deadline going forward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.