Re: Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma Enter Transfer Portal

In the immortal words of John Sebastian, "Welcome back"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Good to hear. A great talent that will develop into a star despite what a few said on the board.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

UGA fans blame Fields because Kirby told them "the play was there and we didn't snap it quick enough". UGA fans thinks that equals Fields fault and not a boneheaded call by their great head coach.
What’s funny about it is that Bama’s defense knew what he was doing and keyed right on him...... he didn’t have a chance

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Glad he's decided to hang around. If he works, and conquers whatever feelings he is having as a young man, he will have valuable learning for the rest of his life.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban on ESPN appearance even said that "we could've played him more last year" when asked about him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So happy to hear that Anoma is back on board. He is a great player - GREAT player.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Best get today on NSD! Will be a beast! Hope he develops enough to get ina a good rotation with Jennings next year! Calling my shot, 7 sacks and 10 TFLs for Anoma! I don’t know who the recruitniks compare him to, but he reminds me of Julius Peppers in athletic talent and Body build.

Last edited:

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Re: Kyriq McDonald and Scott Meyer Enter Transfer Portal

The one thing these kids need to be aware of is once in the portal the school they are leaving can cut off any and all aid right away!
So whomever they are listening to, I would hope that person or person's would be letting them know of some of the perils to this!
There might be quite a few kids stuck with this with nowhere to go!
Well I presume they could back down to a FCS school...

RedBank

Feb 9, 2008
Wiregrass
Is there an incoming recruit that will give Anoma immediate competition for playing time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
First, not all highly recruited players coming out of high school are suited to play at the FBS level. I say this because at the high school level, in many cases, they were absolutely the best on their team. When they arrive at a major football program they then realize that every teammate is an outstanding player and regardless of talent level there are no guarantees of playing time. This is especially true at QB since it is the one position that is not a situational position.

Every other position requires rotation of personnel due to game participation wear/tear and circumstances, but not at QB. These non-QB players have to accept that they may or not play their first year, but if they do it may be on ST or coming in for a particular situation. They have to learn to be a role player since the grind of a 12-15 game season requires having adequate backups. During the season as a backup their roles expand and they gain valuable experience. Some players do not see this, get frustrated with the lack of playing time, and wind up heading to the Transfer Portal. Not every recruit can adapt from being All American and All State to being a role player or being redshirted with no chance of playing. It certainly has to be a hard lesson for some of these kids to learn and possibly the reason for so many transfers.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
First, not all highly recruited players coming out of high school are suited to play at the FBS level. I say this because at the high school level, in my cases, they were absolutely the best on their team. When they arrive at a major football program they then realize that every teammate is an outstanding player and regardless of talent level there are no guarantees of playing time. This is especially true at QB since it is the one position that is not a situational position.

Every other position requires rotation of personnel due to game participation wear/tear and circumstances, but not at QB. These non-QB players have to accept that they may or not play their first year, but if they do it may be on ST or coming in for a particular situation. They have to learn to be a role player since the grind of a 12-15 game season requires having adequate backups. During the season as a backup their roles expand and they gain valuable experience. Some players do not see this, get frustrated with the lack of playing time, and wind up heading to the Transfer Portal. Not every recruit can adapt from being All American and All State to being a role player or being redshirted with no chance of playing. It certainly has to be a hard lesson for some of these kids to learn and possibly the reason for so many transfers.
Do we know there are more transfers or does the transfer portal make it seem that way since everyone can see it?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Do we know there are more transfers or does the transfer portal make it seem that way since everyone can see it?
There are definitely more because of the the no sit out rule after graduation. It's hard to say, with undergrads. There's no doubt that there's a lot more attention paid to it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.