Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma (Nevermind) Enter Transfer Portal - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma Enter Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Harmost View Post
    That was a joke about karma, but this response stranger than I would've expected. No two transfers are identical, obviously, but come on, a headline of "Former 5-Star Recruit That Fans Think is Very talented and Would Not Like to Lose Prematurely Leaves Big Program Because He Didn't Like His Prospects at Playing Time or the Playing Time He Had Received to Date" would probably apply to both of these transfers, and that's barring any other comparison points there might be.
    I think the responses from the two fan bases are different. Most Georgia fans said goodbye, good riddance to Fields. Especially when his waiver reason was leaked! I also think Fields leaving was expected by many. Anoma leaving was a little surprising, especially this late . There are no scheduled team practices , just offseason workouts. Maybe he is homesick, maybe Jennings not entering the draft played into it. I’m waiting to see if a transfer attorney uses the coaching turnover as a reason listed on the waiver application if he leaves. I’m sure a waiver wouldn’t be granted on that reason alone, but I wonder if it is used as a factor .

I for one hope he stays, he is raw , but can be a beast. If he leaves and Bogle doesn’t sign, it could hurt at the Jack spot . Jennings biggest asset is his length, probably knocked down more passes than anyone on the team. Anoma has that length, but also has more speed and a frame that could add weight . I know we have King and Harris coming in, that year in tha program really helps! Plus I think King ends up at Sam .

I have Been on record as saying I hate the transfer portal, I will reaffirm that ! The transfer rules will have to change.
    Last edited by bamaga; February 5th, 2019 at 05:47 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Really hoping he stays

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    McDonald is an instinctive good athlete but IIRC he is 5' 9" which for a DB is a little too short for the position. I would think he has not progressed up the depth chart and wants to go somewhere where he can play.
    Suttles seemed to indicate that McDonald couldnít or possibly didnít want to get it done in the classroom. Indicated he had failed multiple exams.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Anoma had a death in the family that may be at play in his decision but I still think this is what happens when you waste a year of eligibility and never play a 5-star in meaningful snaps when you have no depth at outside backer.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Anoma had a death in the family that may be at play in his decision but I still think this is what happens when you waste a year of eligibility and never play a 5-star in meaningful snaps when you have no depth at outside backer.
    I think we need to simplify the defense based on who we have on the roster.

Ben Davis and Anoma can't get on the field.....

Mack Wilson and Dylan Moses are ON the field and have no idea what's going on....

It's becoming a serious problem now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post

Mack Wilson and Dylan Moses are ON the field and have no idea what's going on....

In all fairness they asked Dylan to do CMís job in the title game which he had never done. Why they didnít just go with Jamey will baffle me forever. Mack is gone so next man up. I think weíll be better in 2019 but weíll just wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post

Ben Davis canít get on the field because of Ben Davis, not because of the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Say it louder for the people in the back.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

I hear. Live and learn.

Let me preface this by saying this I Hope Anoma stays. I don’t really know the other reasons he is considering leaving, but it has been suggested the defense has been too complicated for him to grasp. I’ve read that in several articles. I really hope that has nothing to do with it, because he wasn’t alone. The failures of the coaching staff have been well documented. The reasons for changing coaches have been well documented. In HS football you can just do your thing and eat, because physically you are just better. It was up to the coaches to make sure the players are taught the scheme , techniques and skill set the players needed to play their positions! It was obvious that didn’t happen as well as it should have. I don’t think Nick really wanted to go into games rotating just 15 players on defense during meaningful snaps. The ‘coaching turmoil’ May be a factor in his decision, but the coaches coming in are better teachers. Just simplifying the defense doesn’t work, you can call a more simple game, but a players responsibilities will still be complex. It’s just Nick’s system.
    Last edited by bamaga; February 5th, 2019 at 11:58 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team

Some seem to think he isnít definitely leaving. Letís wait to see what happens.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I think the responses from the two fan bases are different. Most Georgia fans said goodbye, good riddance to Fields. Especially when his waiver reason was leaked!
    UGA fans still blame the SECCG loss on him like he called the fake punt and not Kirby

As for Anoma I know someone on twitter had asked him back in December if he was leaving and he dismissed it. Crazy how he has changed his mind so quickly..
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Re: Kyriq McDonald and Scott Meyer Enter Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Unless he lawyers up and can prove circumstances out of his control. Being from MD, his best bet would be a school within 150 miles of there such as MD, UVA, Rutgers.

If he ends up at MD, Iíd say this was planned while Locksley was still here. Really glad he is gone. Never liked him.
    Never liked Locksley?
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU