Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma (Nevermind) Enter Transfer Portal - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma (Nevermind) Enter Transfer Portal

Glad he's decided to hang around. If he works, and conquers whatever feelings he is having as a young man, he will have valuable learning for the rest of his life.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Saban on ESPN appearance even said that "we could've played him more last year" when asked about him.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

So happy to hear that Anoma is back on board. He is a great player - GREAT player.

Best get today on NSD! Will be a beast! Hope he develops enough to get ina a good rotation with Jennings next year! Calling my shot, 7 sacks and 10 TFLs for Anoma! I don’t know who the recruitniks compare him to, but he reminds me of Julius Peppers in athletic talent and Body build.
    Last edited by bamaga; February 6th, 2019 at 03:24 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Best get today on NSD! Will be a beast! Hope he develops enough to get ina a good rotation with Jennings next year!
    I thought that the best recruiting CNS could do would be to re-recruit Anoma. RTR.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-American BamaBuc's Avatar

Re: Kyriq McDonald and Scott Meyer Enter Transfer Portal

The one thing these kids need to be aware of is once in the portal the school they are leaving can cut off any and all aid right away!
    So whomever they are listening to, I would hope that person or person's would be letting them know of some of the perils to this!
    There might be quite a few kids stuck with this with nowhere to go!
    Well I presume they could back down to a FCS school...
    “Show Class, Have Pride And Display Character. If You Do, Winning Takes Care Of Itself.” - Paul 'Bear' Bryant
    "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate." - John F. Kennedy

Is there an incoming recruit that will give Anoma immediate competition for playing time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBank View Post
    Is there an incoming recruit that will give Anoma immediate competition for playing time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Doubt it but we will see come Spring practice.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBank View Post
    Anoma will have to beat out Lewis and Allen to become a starter.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

First, not all highly recruited players coming out of high school are suited to play at the FBS level. I say this because at the high school level, in many cases, they were absolutely the best on their team. When they arrive at a major football program they then realize that every teammate is an outstanding player and regardless of talent level there are no guarantees of playing time. This is especially true at QB since it is the one position that is not a situational position.

Every other position requires rotation of personnel due to game participation wear/tear and circumstances, but not at QB. These non-QB players have to accept that they may or not play their first year, but if they do it may be on ST or coming in for a particular situation. They have to learn to be a role player since the grind of a 12-15 game season requires having adequate backups. During the season as a backup their roles expand and they gain valuable experience. Some players do not see this, get frustrated with the lack of playing time, and wind up heading to the Transfer Portal. Not every recruit can adapt from being All American and All State to being a role player or being redshirted with no chance of playing. It certainly has to be a hard lesson for some of these kids to learn and possibly the reason for so many transfers.
    Last edited by GrayTide; February 10th, 2019 at 06:16 AM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    First, not all highly recruited players coming out of high school are suited to play at the FBS level. I say this because at the high school level, in my cases, they were absolutely the best on their team. When they arrive at a major football program they then realize that every teammate is an outstanding player and regardless of talent level there are no guarantees of playing time. This is especially true at QB since it is the one position that is not a situational position.

Every other position requires rotation of personnel due to game participation wear/tear and circumstances, but not at QB. These non-QB players have to accept that they may or not play their first year, but if they do it may be on ST or coming in for a particular situation. They have to learn to be a role player since the grind of a 12-15 game season requires having adequate backups. During the season as a backup their roles expand and they gain valuable experience. Some players do not see this, get frustrated with the lack of playing time, and wind up heading to the Transfer Portal. Not every recruit can adapt from being All American and All State to being a role player or being redshirted with no chance of playing. It certainly has to be a hard lesson for some of these kids to learn and possibly the reason for so many transfers.
    Do we know there are more transfers or does the transfer portal make it seem that way since everyone can see it?

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Do we know there are more transfers or does the transfer portal make it seem that way since everyone can see it?
    There are definitely more because of the the no sit out rule after graduation. It's hard to say, with undergrads. There's no doubt that there's a lot more attention paid to it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Chris Braswell...Also from the DMV...
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Doubt it but we will see come Spring practice.