Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma (Nevermind) Enter Transfer Portal

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Re: Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma Enter Transfer Portal

Oh good grief. Hope no one was laughing too hard at the Fields departure.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Re: Kyriq McDonald and Scott Meyer Enter Transfer Portal

Eyabi Anoma baffles me. I expected him to be at a minimum a rotational starter next season. I wonder if he just didn't like the work load required ? or is he just so homesick he can't cope?. Depending on how his college career goes it could be a huge loss. We've seen guys like this transfer before and to be honest aside from Alvin Kamera I don't recall any of them succeeding at a high level and Kamara only succeeded when he got away from the black hole otherwise known is UT.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I think that Kendall Sheffield did pretty well, but I agree, it's not the norm.

Well, I hate it but I haven't walked in that kid's shoes. Some people just don't fit in. Best of luck to him, and I hope he goes back to Big Ten country.

rtr

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Eyabi Anoma baffles me. I expected him to be at a minimum a rotational starter next season. I wonder if he just didn't like the work load required ? or is he just so homesick he can't cope?. Depending on how his college career goes it could be a huge loss. We've seen guys like this transfer before and to be honest aside from Alvin Kamera I don't recall any of them succeeding at a high level and Kamara only succeeded when he got away from the black hole otherwise known is UT.
This guy is athletically different than the some of the others that left. His upside is huge. We just need better coaching next year. Have we ever had a 5 star transfer after their freshman year?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Anoma may be a real loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Anoma may be a real loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he is a huge loss, because we have talents coming in. I think its more of struggling with his ADD and at Alabama, there is little patience.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

There's been mention that he has ADHD and has had trouble with the defense. Probably why he didn't play much.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

He would have to sit a year if he chose to transfer, correct?
Unless he lawyers up and can prove circumstances out of his control. Being from MD, his best bet would be a school within 150 miles of there such as MD, UVA, Rutgers.

If he ends up at MD, I’d say this was planned while Locksley was still here. Really glad he is gone. Never liked him.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Why? The circumstances aren't even comparable.
That was a joke about karma, but this response stranger than I would've expected. No two transfers are identical, obviously, but come on, a headline of "Former 5-Star Recruit That Fans Think is Very talented and Would Not Like to Lose Prematurely Leaves Big Program Because He Didn't Like His Prospects at Playing Time or the Playing Time He Had Received to Date" would probably apply to both of these transfers, and that's barring any other comparison points there might be.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That was a joke about karma, but this response stranger than I would've expected. No two transfers are identical, obviously, but come on, a headline of "Former 5-Star Recruit That Fans Think is Very talented and Would Not Like to Lose Prematurely Leaves Big Program Because He Didn't Like His Prospects at Playing Time or the Playing Time He Had Received to Date" would probably apply to both of these transfers, and that's barring any other comparison points there might be.

In broad terms like you just used, yes they're the same.

The reasoning behind their transfers appears to be pretty different, though.

Fields went to UGA because Kirby promised him more than Kirby could fulfill. Things didn't go as Kirby said they would, so Fileds is gone.

Anoma is leaving because he apparently is impatient.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I think the responses from the two fan bases are different. Most Georgia fans said goodbye, good riddance to Fields. Especially when his waiver reason was leaked! I also think Fields leaving was expected by many. Anoma leaving was a little surprising, especially this late . There are no scheduled team practices , just offseason workouts. Maybe he is homesick, maybe Jennings not entering the draft played into it. I’m waiting to see if a transfer attorney uses the coaching turnover as a reason listed on the waiver application if he leaves. I’m sure a waiver wouldn’t be granted on that reason alone, but I wonder if it is used as a factor .

I for one hope he stays, he is raw , but can be a beast. If he leaves and Bogle doesn’t sign, it could hurt at the Jack spot . Jennings biggest asset is his length, probably knocked down more passes than anyone on the team. Anoma has that length, but also has more speed and a frame that could add weight . I know we have King and Harris coming in, that year in tha program really helps! Plus I think King ends up at Sam .

I have Been on record as saying I hate the transfer portal, I will reaffirm that ! The transfer rules will have to change.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.