Jan 9, 2014
Re: Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma Enter Transfer Portal

Really hoping he stays

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

McDonald is an instinctive good athlete but IIRC he is 5' 9" which for a DB is a little too short for the position. I would think he has not progressed up the depth chart and wants to go somewhere where he can play.
Suttles seemed to indicate that McDonald couldn’t or possibly didn’t want to get it done in the classroom. Indicated he had failed multiple exams.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Anoma had a death in the family that may be at play in his decision but I still think this is what happens when you waste a year of eligibility and never play a 5-star in meaningful snaps when you have no depth at outside backer.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Anoma had a death in the family that may be at play in his decision but I still think this is what happens when you waste a year of eligibility and never play a 5-star in meaningful snaps when you have no depth at outside backer.
I think we need to simplify the defense based on who we have on the roster.

Ben Davis and Anoma can't get on the field.....

Mack Wilson and Dylan Moses are ON the field and have no idea what's going on....

It's becoming a serious problem now.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Mack Wilson and Dylan Moses are ON the field and have no idea what's going on....

In all fairness they asked Dylan to do CM’s job in the title game which he had never done. Why they didn’t just go with Jamey will baffle me forever. Mack is gone so next man up. I think we’ll be better in 2019 but we’ll just wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Ben Davis can’t get on the field because of Ben Davis, not because of the defense.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Say it louder for the people in the back.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Let me preface this by saying this I Hope Anoma stays. I don’t really know the other reasons he is considering leaving, but it has been suggested the defense has been too complicated for him to grasp. I’ve read that in several articles. I really hope that has nothing to do with it, because he wasn’t alone. The failures of the coaching staff have been well documented. The reasons for changing coaches have been well documented. In HS football you can just do your thing and eat, because physically you are just better. It was up to the coaches to make sure the players are taught the scheme , techniques and skill set the players needed to play their positions! It was obvious that didn’t happen as well as it should have. I don’t think Nick really wanted to go into games rotating just 15 players on defense during meaningful snaps. The ‘coaching turmoil’ May be a factor in his decision, but the coaches coming in are better teachers. Just simplifying the defense doesn’t work, you can call a more simple game, but a players responsibilities will still be complex. It’s just Nick’s system.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I think the responses from the two fan bases are different. Most Georgia fans said goodbye, good riddance to Fields. Especially when his waiver reason was leaked!
UGA fans still blame the SECCG loss on him like he called the fake punt and not Kirby:conf2:

As for Anoma I know someone on twitter had asked him back in December if he was leaving and he dismissed it. Crazy how he has changed his mind so quickly..

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: Kyriq McDonald and Scott Meyer Enter Transfer Portal

Unless he lawyers up and can prove circumstances out of his control. Being from MD, his best bet would be a school within 150 miles of there such as MD, UVA, Rutgers.

If he ends up at MD, I’d say this was planned while Locksley was still here. Really glad he is gone. Never liked him.
Never liked Locksley?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

UGA fans still blame the SECCG loss on him like he called the fake punt and not Kirby:conf2:

As for Anoma I know someone on twitter had asked him back in December if he was leaving and he dismissed it. Crazy how he has changed his mind so quickly..
UGA fans blame Fields because Kirby told them "the play was there and we didn't snap it quick enough". UGA fans thinks that equals Fields fault and not a boneheaded call by their great head coach.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Anoma may not transfer.... Keep your eye on this.

Why hasn't Ben Davis enter transfer portal?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Saw elsewhere his name is expected to now come out of the transfer portal. Interesting...
Jam (of recruiting board notoriety) said he was going through some issues and thought Saban and staff could help him get through. Whether he stays or not let's hope he gets some clarity in his life and can focus on school and football.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Why hasn't Ben Davis enter transfer portal?
My hope and suspicion is because he loves Alabama as his dad does. I'm still pulling for Ben and if the switch flips he could make an amazing difference. But even if not, if he competes and works and perseveres through adversity and still sees no meaningful snaps but graduates from the Capstone then I will be proud of him. He's a really good kid.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Kyriq McDonald, Scott Meyer, and Anoma Enter Transfer Portal

Saban said just on ESPN2 that a player who recently entered portal is now out

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.