Grad Transfer Recruiting - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: Grad Transfer Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I wonder what it means for Kendrick James for next year? Saban mentioned that they might get a TE who could contribute immediately. So James could miss up to 4 games next year? If Alabama were to grab some graduate transfers, It would probably be at TE, LB and CB.

I still think we would lose some players to transfer by August.
    With two TE's leaving and James missing the first 4 games it did make picking up another TE in this class a priority and I would imagine coach is going to go after some that were listed. James will return in game 5 and be a force IMO.

We do have a very talented TE already committed in the 2020 class.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Coach mentioned that he might consider a seasoned TE in the portal if the opportunity presented itself. The only problem with landing these transfer guys is that I would expect most of them are leaving for more playing time. They would have to come to Alabama to compete and not sure more playing time is written in the stars for any transfer to Tuscaloosa. I mean, we do have a lethal passing game and excellent QB play that sent our star TE to the League a year early. We are also going to be in the playoff every year so competing for championships is a definite plus. Bama has also been sending a tremendous amount of players to the League regardless of position because they are developed and well coached. There are a lot of pluses but are you willing to work for it? A bigtime player like Wheatley or the kid from FSU could really benefit at a program like ours but it really depends on their personality. I'm not sure lower rated guys would be optimistic about competing for playing time with the studs we already have here.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-SEC

Big A Re: Grad Transfer Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    ... The only problem with landing these transfer guys is that I would expect most of them are leaving for more playing time. They would have to come to Alabama to compete and not sure more playing time is written in the stars for any transfer to Tuscaloosa. ... I'm not sure lower rated guys would be optimistic about competing for playing time with the studs we already have here.
    ... nothing inherently wrong with that assumption, but I can recall a few that have risen to the occasion, e.g., Jake Coker, Richard Mullaney, Gehrig Dieter
    Bama's Back

Quote Originally Posted by oskie View Post
    ... nothing inherently wrong with that assumption, but I can recall a few that have risen to the occasion, e.g., Jake Coker, Richard Mullaney, Gehrig Dieter
    Amen to all three of those guys!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-SEC

I had no idea until the playoffs that Dieter had made the Chiefs roster.

Rtr

BamaNation All-SEC

Any word on possible transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Any word on possible transfers?
    I'd say it is highly unlikely. Saban said he was open to take any player that transfers in and able to "contribute immediately." So the guy that is not supremely talented or has to sit out a year is not going to get a look regardless of how much we need to bolster a particular position like TE.

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

I'd say it is highly unlikely. Saban said he was open to take any player that transfers in and able to "contribute immediately." So the guy that is not supremely talented or has to sit out a year is not going to get a look regardless of how much we need to bolster a particular position like TE.
    The staff is planning on taking transfers. Some guys that would be ideal might not have announced their intentions at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

My assumption is they may take a TE, LB, punter, or Dl that could see playing time.

All positions need temporary help until some freshmen are ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The staff is planning on taking transfers. Some guys that would be ideal might not have announced their intentions at this point.
    Interesting. When is the deadline for portal entrance? I also wonder if there are some guys Bama recruited in the past that regret their decision to go elsewhere that have feelers out about mutual interest. How would they go about that process anyway?

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Interesting. When is the deadline for portal entrance? I also wonder if there are some guys Bama recruited in the past that regret their decision to go elsewhere that have feelers out about mutual interest. How would they go about that process anyway?
    There’s no deadline. A player can transfer whenever he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

I see from BOL that Bama is looking at Nakia-Griffin-Stewart as potential transfer : Check out his flim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edx8vGH_ad8
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I see from BOL that Bama is looking at Nakia-Griffin-Stewart as potential transfer : Check out his flim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edx8vGH_ad8
    Looks like a good replacement for Halen Hentges.